Monster candy??

Started by Dr.Terror, December 12, 2007, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: hugohernandez on November 16, 2015, 10:44:03 PM
I don't suppose its the 1963 since that would carry the copyright on the bottom but still its a start .

Yeah, those are the '90s. or later ones. I've got a Creature one.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

hugohernandez

Yes any Mummy Candy box, Universal or 90's version.    Or did the company stop making the Mummy boxes after 1963?     Ill take whatever I can get as far as the mummy candy box goes.

I guess that auction is not what people are looking for or they would have sold out by now.        I thought it was a fair enough price but maybe I am easily fooled.

(yes I am)
"hanging with the mothmen, everybody's favorite disguise"

hugohernandez

Quote from: skully on July 22, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Hey guys, the monster candy cigarettes in the tiny box's came out in the mid-sixties, around 63 or 64. I remember them. I have a few of the original box's, they have the date 1963 on them on an end flap. To find one today is tough, they are rare. I also have an original bag, dated 1963 that they came in. Clear bag with great graphics, originally contained 80 pieces, Glen Strange Frankenstein with house and tree in background on left, dracula shooting "rays" out of his eyes hitting frightened halloween cat, mummy comming up out of the ground, and a bat flying around. On the back, great image of wolfman and phantom. Saw it on e-bay years ago, couldn't believe one still existed! Hardly any bidders at the time, snagged it. Bag is dated 1963 Universal Pictures, by World Candy. I know you'll want pictures, but I don't have a camera to post, and really don't know how to do it anyway. Maybe someone else has a bag, or it could be found another way?

did you get a iPhone yet to snap a picture?  its easy to download to your desktop, then join photobucket like I did.   Once you have your own Photobucket account, its easy to copy and paste from there right into here.     WE ARE all DYING to see that bag you speak of.   

hugohernandez

Quote from: poseablemonster on July 26, 2015, 03:58:46 PM
These are the Candy Cigarettes from 1963 World Candies:
World Candies Monster Candy Cigarettes 1963 by poseablemonster, on Flickr

Are these images strait off Flickr or does this belong to you, Poseable Monster?       I would sure love that mummy box.

hugohernandez

Here is an interesting link....   at the bottom a reader says these boxes are 1990's because Slovania, the place of printing, became independent around then.

http://www.collectingcandy.com/wordpress/?p=6947

Mike Scott

Quote from: hugohernandez on November 16, 2015, 11:06:50 PM
Yes any Mummy Candy box, Universal or 90's version.

If you want a Mummy, it'll have to be a '60s one. The later ones drop The Mummy.
CREATURE FAN

skully

I wish so bad that I could get a picture of this original bag of these candies, right now it's the only one I know of that still exists! I remember them from Halloween trick or treating, getting many in my bag of "goodies" way back then. Back in the sixties, here in Reading, we had an A&P food store, along with an ACME, they were actually next to each other in the city on Penn Street, I sort of remember seeing the bags of them as a kid, all that great vintage (now) Halloween stuff back then, along with the great toy displays in the supermarkets on top of the  food shelves!  I only own 2 or 3 original 1963 boxes, otherwise, I'd let some go, but, they are really rare.

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: skully on November 17, 2015, 07:04:19 AM
I wish so bad that I could get a picture of this original bag of these candies, right now it's the only one I know of that still exists!

I'd love to see it too. Where is it that you can't photograph it?
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Monsters For Sale

Here is an '80's bag:

And a later version:

ADAM

hugohernandez

Quote from: skully on November 17, 2015, 07:04:19 AM
I wish so bad that I could get a picture of this original bag of these candies, right now it's the only one I know of that still exists! I remember them from Halloween trick or treating, getting many in my bag of "goodies" way back then. Back in the sixties, here in Reading, we had an A&P food store, along with an ACME, they were actually next to each other in the city on Penn Street, I sort of remember seeing the bags of them as a kid, all that great vintage (now) Halloween stuff back then, along with the great toy displays in the supermarkets on top of the  food shelves!  I only own 2 or 3 original 1963 boxes, otherwise, I'd let some go, but, they are really rare.

if you send your pic to one of us, we could post it for you.    send it via private email.

Monsters For Sale, thanks for posting those pictures.      are those bags yours?  hint: looking for a mummy

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on November 17, 2015, 07:46:51 AMI'd love to see it too. Where is it that you can't photograph it?

While he might be able to photograph it, I think he has serious problems with what to do thereafter. Note that he hasn't even uploaded an avatar for himself. And I've never seen him even use the QUOTE feature on this board, let alone copying and pasting anything.

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Dr. Madd

I remember those! It's been a while, but I remember those. Do you guys remember a skeleton in a coffin where the bones were made of sweet tart stuff?
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Dr. Madd on November 17, 2015, 05:24:48 PM
Do you guys remember a skeleton in a coffin where the bones were made of sweet tart stuff?

I think those are pictured in a thread about monster food, or something.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: hugohernandez on November 17, 2015, 05:00:36 PM
if you send your pic to one of us, we could post it for you.    send it via private email.

Monsters For Sale, thanks for posting those pictures.      are those bags yours?  hint: looking for a mummy

I have one of the later bags.

There were also some bags after that.  I remember seeing them in a Dollar Tree Store.  But those bags had Monster Candy mixed in with other similar boxes with Popeye and other early cartoon characters on them.
ADAM