Monster candy??

Started by Dr.Terror, December 12, 2007, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

America is the best place for decadent food. I'm about to order one of those large pizzas with 28 mini hot dogs baked in the crust.

hugohernandez

CAN we get back to the discussion of the Mummy Candy Cigarettes.        I want one bad.   The Frankenstein vintage one with the actual word cigarettes is pretty freaking awesome too.

Anybody got an extra mummy box they want to trade?
"hanging with the mothmen, everybody's favorite disguise"

hugohernandez

Quote from: skully on July 22, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Hey guys, the monster candy cigarettes in the tiny box's came out in the mid-sixties, around 63 or 64. I remember them. I have a few of the original box's, they have the date 1963 on them on an end flap. To find one today is tough, they are rare. I also have an original bag, dated 1963 that they came in. Clear bag with great graphics, originally contained 80 pieces, Glen Strange Frankenstein with house and tree in background on left, dracula shooting "rays" out of his eyes hitting frightened halloween cat, mummy comming up out of the ground, and a bat flying around. On the back, great image of wolfman and phantom. Saw it on e-bay years ago, couldn't believe one still existed! Hardly any bidders at the time, snagged it. Bag is dated 1963 Universal Pictures, by World Candy. I know you'll want pictures, but I don't have a camera to post, and really don't know how to do it anyway. Maybe someone else has a bag, or it could be found another way?

did a picture ever appear of the bag he describes with the awesome graphics?    Man, that would be monsterous if it showed up here.

hugohernandez

found this interesting auction on eBay, 2013!   so did anybody here snag this 4 box set of candy cigs?    Man Oh Man.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1963-original-real-universal-monsters-483453890

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Quote from: hugohernandez on November 16, 2015, 03:46:02 PM
found this interesting auction on eBay, 2013!   so did anybody here snag this 4 box set of candy cigs?

Awesome! Does anybody know what they sold for? Would love that Creature!!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

hugohernandez

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 16, 2015, 05:11:31 PM
Awesome! Does anybody know what they sold for? Would love that Creature!!

Thats right!  You are the creature guy!   I would love the mummy, because he is the hardest one to find.    Somebody here has got to know whom snagged this.

Anton Phibes

Not necessarily. I have discovered a lot of collectors don't even know about our little forums over here. I always invite them to join us when they say they didnt know about us. I dunno if they do tho,lol.

hugohernandez

Well, I guess its true enough, I didn't learn about this forum until a few years ago.    BUT still, UMA is nationwide, you would think word of mouth from coast to coast.

I know all the vendors at the toy show Kane County IL, know about UMA.       

Can somebody sell me a mummy candy cigarette box please.   or trade?

I was supposed to get something very special in the mail today but the post office flubbed and its sitting there right now and I won't be able to access it till tomorrow.

when I do, it will show up under the Elwar Mystery Button thread.....       

Mike Scott

Quote from: hugohernandez on November 16, 2015, 08:10:32 PM
Can somebody sell me a mummy candy cigarette box please.     

So, you're only interested in the one that says "cigarettes" on it?
CREATURE FAN

hugohernandez

Yes.   political  correctness is OUT THE WINDOW.       
Why, at one time, the parents cried out at the degenerate effect of Monster Magazines on young impressionable minds.

So yes, the ones that say cigarettes on them.     preferably.    I wouldn't turn my nose up to non-filtered either.       

Mike Scott

Quote from: hugohernandez on November 16, 2015, 09:04:50 PM
Yes.   political  correctness is OUT THE WINDOW.       

Just wondering if you were interested in any old World Candies Mummy box, or just that one.
CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Quote from: hugohernandez on November 16, 2015, 09:04:50 PMYes.   political  correctness is OUT THE WINDOW.       

So yes, the ones that say cigarettes on them.     preferably.    I wouldn't turn my nose up to non-filtered either.

Yes! my thinking as well.

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 16, 2015, 08:33:57 PMSo, you're only interested in the one that says "cigarettes" on it?

They were the originals, and thus the real thing. Accept no substitutes.

;)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on November 16, 2015, 10:23:04 PM
They were the originals, and thus the real thing. Accept no substitutes.

I would love not to have to, if somebody can tell me where I can buy (a Creature) one at a reasonable price (i.e. not some nutty ebay seller who's asking a grand for one).

BTW, this has nothing to do with PC. If you were advocating putting the word "cigarettes" on new candy items, everybody should be against that. Vintage items are another thing altogether.
CREATURE FAN

hugohernandez

Yes agreed, vintage is great.    I want any Mummy version I can get.   The Universal Monster Candy boxes of course.

here is a vintage cheap auction that includes the Creature and its not a million dollars either.    Mike Scott, if you were looking.

I don't suppose its the 1963 since that would carry the copyright on the bottom but still its a start .    In fact I might snatch one up myself and then slowly replace them with the vintage ones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Universal-Monster-Candy-5-Box-Set-Frankenstein-Wolfman-Creature-Dracula-/301722776971?hash=item464014358b:m:mZe5-k3N_kY5qmjiAOEKARA