Godzilla Minus One

Started by judd, July 13, 2023, 12:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judd

A brief teaser trailer has dropped online along with a couple of posters.  The trailer has little footage of the film.  Apparently the movie takes place in post war Japan.  The other films in the series were either had a contemporary setting or took place in the future.  Film is set to be released in Japan in Nov 2023 and in December in the US.

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Hepcat

Hopefully the movie respects the proud legacy established for Godzilla by Toho.

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Anton Phibes

It's a TOHO film. I imagine they will use the 1954 as a springoboard and launch a new continuity. That's how they have done in times past.

Anton Phibes

He's got a spiffy new figure coming from this film too.

judd

Nothing has been officially confirmed but some fans are saying the movie takes place in the late 1940's.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: judd on July 14, 2023, 12:39:50 AM
Nothing has been officially confirmed but some fans are saying the movie takes place in the late 1940's.

Oh....so that's a new approach. Deviating away from using the 1954 film as a springboard. That could be very interesting. Imma watch it regardless, because I love Godzilla. But I like this new approach already.

Hepcat

Still a springboard but for a backward flip. The 1954 movie doesn't really delve into his origin. This prequel can fill in the details behind his birth and development. Flesh out the details of his character, victimhood, angst, pathos, etc. Explain why he stomped upon Bambi. All those things!

;)

Collecting! It's what I do!

judd

Gfest the annual Godzilla convention is this weekend.  I may be able to go next year.  The event is held near Chicago and the tickets are much cheaper than many other genre conventions.

MikeSTZillak

That Godzilla design is awesome.

geezer butler

I'm totally down. The big guy is my favorite movie monster

judd

Quote from: geezer butler on July 18, 2023, 04:01:54 AM
I'm totally down. The big guy is my favorite movie monster

Godzilla is the king of the monsters, the apex predator, the alpha, top of the food chain.

An official announcement was made a comic con about a Godzilla comic, which will be released later this year.  Godzilla vs Kong vs the Justice League.

Mike Scott

Quote from: judd on July 22, 2023, 12:39:35 AM
Godzilla is the king of the monsters, the apex predator, the alpha, top of the food chain.

He's the boss, head man, top dog, big cheese, the head honcho, number one!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

judd

The big g.

As I see it.  Usually (there are exceptions) the more serious Toho films depict Godzilla as a force if nature people have to accept and live with.  Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. 

The American productions tend to show Godzilla as an animal.

geezer butler

Quote from: judd on July 22, 2023, 12:39:35 AM

An official announcement was made a comic con about a Godzilla comic, which will be released later this year.  Godzilla vs Kong vs the Justice League.

Totally psyched about the Justice League vs Godzilla vs Kong series 🤯