The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Big Driver, 2014 - Mystery writer takes a suggested backroads alternate scenic drive home from a speaking engagement.  Consequences occur.

From a short story by Stephen King.

Not a repeat of his "Misery" plot.  I'd never heard of this one and knew nothing about it.  I found it somewhat surprising - especially for a made-for-TV movie.

You can see it on YouTube for free:  https://youtu.be/kaoyFbwMisc
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 01, 2021, 04:11:26 AM
Big Driver, 2014

Hey, that was pretty good!  :) Pretty nail bitey at times!

The screenplay was by Richard Matheson's son.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 01, 2021, 06:02:17 AM
Hey, that [Brig Driver, 2014] was pretty good!  :) Pretty nail bitey at times!

The screenplay was by Richard Matheson's son. 

I don't ever want to give away plots for anyone  - Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised by some unsuspected twists here and there.
ADAM

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

The Horses Mouth (1958) - Trailer

A stinker. It should have been named after that other opening in a horse's anatomy.

:(

Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

Hepcat

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 02, 2021, 07:00:01 PMDiamonds are Forever(1971)

A great action flick and one of my very favourite James Bond movies! Here's another action flick I just saw:

You Can't Win 'Em All (1970)  - Teaser

I didn't realize that just about everybody hated Tony Curtis and Charles Bronson but they clearly must have since everybody they encountered in the movie seemed to want to kill them. I got confused with respect to the identity of just which group was firing upon Curtis and Bronson on several occasions.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 09, 2021, 06:24:46 AM
Great action poster!

The good old day when Movie posters and one-sheets were incredible, by fabulous artists

marsattacks666

Meatballs(1979)
Caddy Shack(1980)
Mallrats(1995)

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 14, 2021, 09:54:41 PM
Meatballs(1979)
Caddy Shack(1980)
Mallrats(1995)

Meatballs had a hyper-active little blonde that I thought was really cute.  Kristine DeBell had been the star of 1976's X-rated "Alice In Wonderland".
ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 14, 2021, 10:48:57 PM
Meatballs had a hyper-active little blonde that I thought was really cute.  Kristine DeBell had been the star of 1976's X-rated "Alice In Wonderland".

She's in another fun and cool film called, Cheerleaders' wild weekend.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 15, 2021, 02:02:23 PM
She's in another fun and cool film called, Cheerleaders' wild weekend. 

The movie's tagline:  "It'll grab you by the pom poms."
ADAM

marsattacks666