Professor Hepcat's Primer on Supernatural Beings!

Started by Hepcat, November 28, 2013, 05:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Count_Zirock on December 15, 2013, 11:23:04 PM
So, it seems the cross, or even the Star of David, would be ineffective against a Jewish vampire. Although, I wonder if Dracula or another European vampire were to turn a Jew, would the vampire sire's bloodline dictate the laws regarding their behavior, or would the Hebrew traditions be dominant?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
Well, if it came to a Jewish vampire, he could be using an upside down Star of David, as a symbol of evil.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Pauspy

Thanks Flower *cough gasp*...boy that cat of your really likes to get into their litter box reading. Is this a question mark or part of an old hairball?

Professor Hepcat, with regards to holy symbols reprelling vampires, isn't it true that just the general outline of the symbol (say, two candlesticks crossed together) or even the shadow of the symbol (for example, the vanes on a windmill) are enough to send some vampires into a proper tizzy? Are these vampires extra-sensitive from previous repellings?

Also, what symbol repels metrosexual vampire wannabes?
Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

Flower

Quote from: Haunted hearse on December 16, 2013, 07:20:57 PM
  Well, if it came to a Jewish vampire, he could be using an upside down Star of David, as a symbol of evil.

OY VEY ...
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Hepcat

Quote from: Haunted hearse on December 16, 2013, 07:20:57 PMWell, if it came to a Jewish vampire, he could be using an upside down Star of David, as a symbol of evil.

Quote from: Pauspy on December 16, 2013, 07:40:34 PMProfessor Hepcat, with regards to holy symbols reprelling vampires, isn't it true that just the general outline of the symbol (say, two candlesticks crossed together) or even the shadow of the symbol (for example, the vanes on a windmill) are enough to send some vampires into a proper tizzy? Are these vampires extra-sensitive from previous repellings?

The question of vampires' susceptibility to religious symbols is an interesting one and the phenomenon is frequently misunderstood. I've studied it in depth and the answer is more complex than one might guess at first glance. There's an interplay of at least two elements here:

1. The talisman being wielded must have had powerful religious symbolism to the vampire when he lived as a mortal. As a result, vampires who originated as Orthodox Christians in Transylvania would be susceptible to crosses and holy water, while those who were once Jewish mortals would be susceptible to stars of David and other Talmudic icons. I'm therefore thinking that the more religious the mortal was at the time of joining the ranks of the undead, the more susceptible he would be to such icons as a vampire.

Vampires who were atheists when mortal would presumably be immune to any religious iconography, but may perhaps quail at a bound copy of the works of Christopher Hitchens.

2. The depth of faith of the person wielding the religious icon. I cannot overstress the importance of this point. If the icon is being waved about as a talisman by one of little faith or even one who is in the midst of a crisis of faith, it will have no effect on the vampire. Said vampire will just sneer contemptuously and perhaps even cause the icon to burst into flames as a demonstration of his power!

Quote from: Pauspy on December 16, 2013, 07:40:34 PMAlso, what symbol repels metrosexual vampire wannabes?

Post a "Hairdresser on Vacation" sign in your window and rest assured you'll never be bothered.

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Pauspy

Professor Hepcat, some other students here have asked about werewolves. Is it common for Vampires to take on werewolves as personal servants? I have heard if they do, the werewolf develops an appearance not unlike a large Norfolk Terrier.

Is there such a thing as a metrosexual werewolf? If so, how does one repel them?

Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

Flower

Pauspy .. I'm not an expert but I'm told that two Norwich Terriers will repel a Norfolk Terrier.  I don't even know if all Norfolk Terriers are metrosexuals or servants to werewolves.  Best leave the difficult questions to the Prof.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Hepcat

Quote from: Pauspy on December 16, 2013, 09:41:01 PMProfessor Hepcat, some other students here have asked about werewolves. Is it common for Vampires to take on werewolves as personal servants?

I don't believe so. Careful study of the accounts of reliable eye witnesses reveals that werewolves and vampires don't get along. In fact, werewolves will attack vampires on sight and a fight to the death ensues. Here's a photo accurate eye witness account by the distinguished anthropologist and occult observer Frank Frazetta:

Quote from: Pauspy on December 16, 2013, 09:41:01 PMIs there such a thing as a metrosexual werewolf?

No, certainly not. Those would be Hollywood wanabees.

Quote from: Pauspy on December 16, 2013, 09:41:01 PMIf so, how does one repel them?

Just let it be known that they repel you and they'll get the hint.

Quote from: Flower on December 16, 2013, 09:52:21 PMI'm not an expert but I'm told that two Norwich Terriers will repel a Norfolk Terrier.  I don't even know if all Norfolk Terriers are metrosexuals or servants to werewolves.  Best leave the difficult questions to the Prof.

But sometimes dogs are just dogs.

Flower

Quote from: Hepcat on December 17, 2013, 02:28:16 PM

But sometimes dogs are just dogs.

Or a kiss is just a kiss.

What about cats?  Can they really kill vampires like in the S. King flick 'Sleepwalkers'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalkers_(film)

Hepcat

Quote from: Flower on December 17, 2013, 02:40:33 PMWhat about cats?  Can they really kill vampires like in the S. King flick 'Sleepwalkers'?

Oh, absolutely! When it comes to vampires we felines do our part.

Count_Zirock

Considering a vampire feeds on a kitten in one of the Count Yorga films, I had always supposed that cats could only destroy the particular form of energy-vampire depicted in "Sleepwalkers." After all, their natural form seems to be large, bipedal cat creatures.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Hepcat

Quote from: Count_Zirock on December 18, 2013, 03:14:44 AMConsidering a vampire feeds on a kitten in one of the Count Yorga films....

Precisely. What more motivation do we felines need to destroy vampires whenever possible?

>:(

Hepcat

Quote from: Dr. Madd on December 16, 2013, 07:05:25 PM

This is also an excellent example of a Vampire.

Oh for sure! That's a hard core vampire without a doubt.

Quote from: Dr. Madd on December 16, 2013, 07:05:25 PM

THIS, on the other hand, should never be confused with vampires. This is a metrosexual with a slight overbite.

Yes, yes, I agree! That's a fairy from way back with the rest of them:

Flower

So Prof .. Did Santa bring you anything supernatural for Christmas?

Hepcat

No, nothing supernatural. But I did get a new vest and tie combo and an all day pass to the kitty spa where I got some highlights done:

I'm spending so much time going through dusty old tomes researching the supernatural that I might need a new pair of spectacles by this time next year though.

:(

CreepysFan

Looking sharp there Hep.  Bet that outfit drives the feline fems crazy.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT