Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Let Me In (2010)  -
Excellent Hammer Studios remake of Sweden's "Let the Right One In". Lasks the nuance of the original, but makes up for it with stunning visuals. Both are highly recommended modern horror classics.

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mord on March 16, 2019, 08:42:25 PM
Funny hearing about Brie Larson' s wooden acting in "Captain Marvel". Didn't she win an Oscar a couple of years ago (not that that means anything)?

The Oscars are nowhere near as a honor as they once were; in the same vein that the Grammys and Nobel Peace price seem to be just given away to anyone due to popularity/politics rather than actual merit.. :(
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mord

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 17, 2019, 09:56:44 AM
The Oscars are nowhere near as a honor as they once were; in the same vein that the Grammys and Nobel Peace price seem to be just given away to anyone due to popularity/politics rather than actual merit.. :(
I completely agree. Though, I think the Oscars and, especially, the Grammys have aways honored the safe and proven. I never feel I have to watch a movie or listen to music because it's won some kind of arbitrary prize. The Grammys have always missed the opportunity to recognize greatness and originality. Who else would give a top prize to Milli Vanilli? That would be like giving the Presidency to a reckless reality star, heaven forbid.

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mord on March 17, 2019, 10:30:18 AM
I completely agree. Though, I think the Oscars and, especially, the Grammys have aways honored the safe and proven. I never feel I have to watch a movie or listen to music because it's won some kind of arbitrary prize. The Grammys have always missed the opportunity to recognize greatness and originality. Who else would give a top prize to Milli Vanilli? That would be like giving the Presidency to a reckless reality star, heaven forbid.

Or the Nobel Peace Prize to someone who did absolutly nothing previously to earn it..
DARK SHADOWS:

Mord

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 17, 2019, 10:52:07 AM
Or the Nobel Peace Prize to someone who did absolutly nothing previously to earn it..
True, but harmless. It's getting to the point where there will be more awards than actual output.

Mike Scott

I'm waiting for the "Best Awards Show" award.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Halloween-2018🎃

Well. My review and and opinion of this latest installment to the Halloween franchise, is, at best, kind. However. As many good to great reviews of this film, I have to disgree with positive reviews.

Halloween-2018, was not better than Rob Zombie's version/ reimagined vision. ( Here comes the, jeers😁)
As I re-watched Halloween-2018 in a more private setting and not with multiple movie goers and fans of Halloween. I thought, how is this film any different than the last few films, e.g., Halloween-2007, Resurrection-2002 and H20.

There may have been some good moments/scenes in the Halloween -2018. But as a whole, the film is as cookie-cutter as the rest of the previous films. At least with Zombie's version he created an origin of Myers' history. In which Zombie was criticized for his depiction in the Myers' character.

Again, as a film such as Halloween-2018. The film seems lacking in narrative. The fact that Laurie and Myers' are not related in this Halloween universe, is annoying.🤮. Really, annoying. As is the babysitting scene, dinner scene, dance scene(s). The Dad(Toby Huss), is the most annoying, in this film version.

Oh?! I must add. Like, we as the viewer did not know that the bus was going to crash and Myers' would escape. Really?! F***! What a  bulls****, scene. I mean, really?! The writer, producer set up the Audience for that one! Duh!!!!

In fact, the whole film was obvious. The only redeeming character of the film, was Myers. He looked cool. Aesthetically. 💀

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 17, 2019, 01:32:49 PM
I'm waiting for the "Best Awards Show" award.
Trust me, it's coming. It reminds me of Woody Allen's remarks about L.A., "All they do is give out awards here".

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 17, 2019, 01:49:26 PM
Halloween-2018🎃

Well. My review and and opinion of this latest installment to the Halloween franchise, is, at best, kind. However. As many good to great reviews of this film, I have to disgree with positive reviews.

Halloween-2018, was not better than Rob Zombie's version/ reimagined vision. ( Here comes the, jeers😁)
As I re-watched Halloween-2018 in a more private setting and not with multiple movie goers and fans of Halloween. I thought, how is this film any different than the last few films, e.g., Halloween-2007, Resurrection-2002 and H20.

There may have been some good moments/scenes in the Halloween -2018. But as a whole, the film is as cookie-cutter as the rest of the previous films. At least with Zombie's version he created an origin of Myers' history. In which Zombie was criticized for his depiction in the Myers' character.

Again, as a film such as Halloween-2018. The film seems lacking in narrative. The fact that Laurie and Myers' are not related in this Halloween universe, is annoying.🤮. Really, annoying. As is the babysitting scene, dinner scene, dance scene(s). The Dad(Toby Huss), is the most annoying, in this film version.

Oh?! I must add. Like, we as the viewer did not know that the bus was going to crash and Myers' would escape. Really?! F***! What a  bulls****, scene. I mean, really?! The writer, producer set up the Audience for that one! Duh!!!!

In fact, the whole film was obvious. The only redeeming character of the film, was Myers. He looked cool. Aesthetically. 💀
I was surprised by all the praise, myself. It was cliche-riddled from the start. I liked it, but not much more. It. Was a by-the-numbers horror film. I really feel that a lot of the reviews we read are closer to infomercials for the ad campaign.

zombiehorror

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 17, 2019, 01:49:26 PM

I was not a fan of Zombie's Halloween(s) (it was just a cookie cutter version of his previous films) but I have more curiosity to go back and watch those than I do Halloween 2018.  There wasn't much good in my opinion to redeem the (many) bad/bland parts about it.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on March 17, 2019, 02:09:52 PM
I was surprised by all the praise, myself. It was cliche-riddled from the start. I liked it, but not much more. It. Was a by-the-numbers horror film. I really feel that a lot of the reviews we read are closer to infomercials for the ad campaign.

I am in agreement. Definitely. The reviews were as pedestrian as the film.

Memphremagog

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla(1964)
House Of Fear(1945)
When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth(1970)
The Flesh Eaters(1964)
DARK SHADOWS:

Mord

The Perfect Holiday (2009) -
  Thrilling tale of a honeymooning couple who hear there are a couple of thrill-killers on the Hawaiian island they're staying at. They run into another couple while hiking. Could they be the killers? Great fun from start to finish.