Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 08, 2007, 11:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raycastile

Being friends with Andy's wife has its perks.  And Topstones always make me perky.
Raymond Castile

packy120353

Quoteat a yard sale she found an old Topstone Gorilla mask.

Yes! Yard/garage sales take 2 minutes to stop and peek and just look what you can find. That's my kinda collecting. I bet your astute wife didn't pay ebay old Topstone prices either. Nice gorilla mask Andy

ramsey37

Quote from: tv horror on April 17, 2009, 07:33:55 PM
Andy you frightened the life out of me there, I just read the first few words and I thought you said "This is my wife !!!! Phew.
Well, she *is* the gorilla his dreams ;)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

zombiehorror

I took a chance on this auction.

Really for me I thought it was a no brainer an open auction but with a BIN of 25 bucks including shipping!  The seller didn't really say whether the Telco's worked or not but for $25 I had to take a chance...

Just got them today and of course the Creature and Wolfman plush are both in great shape.  I already had the Creature so I'm just going to let my daughter's split these 2 between themselves.  Unfortunately right now it appears they both want the Wolfman.  The Frankenstein is by Trendmasters from 1997, I never even knew this existed before, his nameplate is loose but nothing a little glue won't fix and the light works.

Now onto the Telco's!!
Wolfman-broken away from base, again nothing a little glue won't fix, his sound works but no movement

Creature-was apparently broken from base at one point and someone choose to bolt him back on-I'll look into re-gluing him instead, his sound and movement both work

Dracula-extensive battery acid damage, so much so that one of the coils is rotting away, will have to work on him a bit

Frankenstein-perfect, sound and movement work great

Bride-broken away from base, some battery acid damage but not as bad as Dracula, a little scraping should be all that is required

With a little work I think all of these should be back up and running and even if a few don't they'll still display nicely!  All in all I don't think it was to bad for roughly $3.13 a piece!

monsterphile

zombiehorror,

For $25 I think you did just fine.  Nice find.

Rob

NekroDave

Dang! Tremendous score! I've wanted one of those Trendmasters Frankensteins since seeing it for the first time last year (I think we even discussed it at the time in one thread or another around here somewhere). Congratulations!

hammett1

Fantastic investment of $25.  And with SHIPPING INCLUDED!!! What a deal.  Congratulations.
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

tv horror

I guess we'll know who will be working in his lab late one night. Nice buy.
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

Mike Scott

Quote from: hammett1 on April 22, 2009, 02:45:29 PM
And with SHIPPING INCLUDED!!! What a deal.

No doubt! How much did it cost to ship? I imagine that ate up most of the 25 bucks.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

chrisnurse

You can't kill the Boogeyman

michblk

That's Great, it still shows that there are still bargains to be found.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

raycastile

Raymond Castile

Toy Ranch

Great score indeed, and that's the light blue Frankenstein, which is harder to find and by far my preference.  Really great score!

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 22, 2009, 04:11:06 PM
No doubt! How much did it cost to ship? I imagine that ate up most of the 25 bucks.

According to the shipping label it was $14 for shipping.  I'm assuming (and hoping) that the seller has a hook up at the post office!  All his/her auctions are free shipping-birdy9556http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/birdy9556

I managed to get the non-workers up and running last night!!  Opened up the bases on the Bride and Wolfman; unsoldered a few wires, took out the broken plastic screw post and nuts, glued the posts back onto the figure, reattached the figures to the bases and soldered back up the connections.  The Wolfman's switch is a bit touchy, which is why he appeared not to work before, so you just have to offset it a little to get him working.  The Bride's speaker had become disconnected (solder joint was complete toast on the one side) so I had to scrape a little to expose the remaining foil and build a solder bridge to it.  For now I just used a piece of wire to connect Drac's battery and he works fine just need to get a spring eventually.  The only other problem I have is my youngest stole one of the plastic nuts that goes to Wolfman so he's only connected on one side right now...that girl is a baby ninja!  Always sneaking off with stuff!

I also noticed that the Wolfman and Bride were attached with plastic posts held on by a plastic nut that are actually part of their leg mold where as Dracula is just held on by screws.  What I thought was some kind of repair on the Creature appears to just be the way he was produced, at least I see no signs otherwise upon further inspection (I didn't take him apart though).  I'm not sure if Frank is on the plastic posts or just screws thru the foot since I didn't have to take him apart.

poseablemonster

Quote from: zombiehorror on April 23, 2009, 08:28:21 AM
The only other problem I have is my youngest stole one of the plastic nuts that goes to Wolfman so he's only connected on one side right now...that girl is a baby ninja!  Always sneaking off with stuff!

Check contents of diaper for plastic nut.  ;D