Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 08, 2007, 11:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: Dr.Cyclops on December 29, 2019, 09:44:59 PMI remember walking by it many times but sadly I never went in. Did it compare favorably with the Tulip?

Yes. The steak at Lindy's was even more affordable than the steak at the Tulip. Peas were always a side at Lindy's with either fries or mashed potatoes. At the Tulip a thick slice of raw onion together with a generous slice of buttered bread were provided in addition to mashed potatoes.

Unfortunately the Tulip just closed its doors after ninety years in business on New Year's Day due to another rent increase.

Tulip Closes - The Toronto Star

:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

Scored this today

Fangoria #68

....and.....

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 12, 2019, 11:45:02 PM
Here's a small find I just received.

This 3" Button/Pinback from The House of Frankenstein, Lake George, New York was made by Best Seal, New York, 1979. 

It must be scarce.  I think it is only the 2nd I've seen for sale in the over 20 years I have been collecting.  The other went for an insane price many years ago.  I felt quite lucky when I snagged this one for $15.00 in an eBay Buy-It-Now with two other little junk items.

The button designer must have liked the Aurora Frankenstein Model graphics.

I was watching an eBay auction for one of these.  It just sold for $135 + $5 shipping + tax.  My old pre-tax find is looking pretty good these days.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 23, 2020, 09:25:20 PM
I was watching an eBay auction for one of these.  It just sold for $135 + $5 shipping + tax.  My old pre-tax find is looking pretty good these days.

You really did luck out on that one!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monolith

I got these at a flea market recently ( just before COVID-19 )for one dollar each. They're large size postcards made by Portal Publications in 1971. I also have a King Kong postcard from the same set that I got a couple of years ago.

Two Vintage Monster Post Cards (Portal Publications 1971) by donald deveau, on Flickr

geezer butler

Quote from: Monolith on April 05, 2020, 05:54:55 PM
I got these at a flea market recently ( just before COVID-19 )for one dollar each. They're large size postcards made by Portal Publications in 1971. I also have a King Kong postcard from the same set that I got a couple of years ago.

Two Vintage Monster Post Cards (Portal Publications 1971) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Those are rad, nice scores!

Monsters For Sale

I have those 2 posters.  Got them from a local Orange County mall video store (Sunset Video?) when the stores were all VHS.

They were sold flat, backed with cardboard and shrink wrapped in clear plastic.  So no fold lines, or wrinkles from being rolled in tubes.  They were $9.99 each.  I'm pretty sure I remember a Mummy poster, too.

I liked Sunset Video.  They stocked all the older, lesser-known movies that the Blockbuster-type stores didn't bother with.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 05, 2020, 08:37:22 PM
I have those 2 posters.

They used to sell them in the back of FM. Only $1.50, back in the '70s!

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Haunted hearse

When I was a kid, you could also buy those as posters. I had the Dracula one.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Monolith

Not long ago I also got these two records. Both of them used to be advertised in the back of Famous Monsters.

Edgar Allan Poe Tales Of Terror Record ( Vanguard 1956 ) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Monolith

Here's the other one. Both are hard to find. I have most of the records that used to be advertised in Famous Monsters now.

Nelson Olmsted-Sleep No More!-Record ( Vanguard 1956 ) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Hepcat

Quote from: Monolith on April 07, 2020, 12:26:51 AMI have most of the records that used to be advertised in Famous Monsters now.

Do you also have a classic Dual, Thorens or Garrard turntable on which to play them?

???

Lazarus

The art on those sleeves is lovely.

Monolith

Quote from: Lazarus on April 07, 2020, 11:00:24 AM
The art on those sleeves is lovely.

The illustrations were done by artist Harry Clarke, who did some Poe book illustrations, too, among other stuff.

Hepcat---I do have a turntable, it's not quite as nice as the one you pictured. I need to upgrade someday.

And here's another hard to find record I got not too long ago...

Scarecrow Of Romney Marsh 45 RPM ( Disneyland 1963 ) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Hepcat

Quote from: Monolith on April 07, 2020, 01:39:39 PMHepcat---I do have a turntable, it's not quite as nice as the one you pictured. I need to upgrade someday.

The picture I posted was of a Garrard Z2000B from the late 1970's. Some beuatiful turntables were manufactured in the years between 1965 and 1990.

:)