THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Now that we have Ivan Igor, and Henry Jarrod now we need Boris Volkoff from The Wax Mask.

The Wax Mask is a remake of House Of Wax and Mystery Of The Wax Museum by Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Anton Phibes

Well, of course I gobbled House of Wax right up because....VINCENT PRICE ,lol!!!!  Great figure!

Bub is wonderful as well...and I would've snagged him up if I were into modern horror a tad more. But I am classics heavy....so no need for me to hog a figure someone who is Romero heavy would want. Everything looks great! I am sure they will evaporate in the same timely manner as usual.

Palifan

I didn't think Bub was going to last long.

Ian

Anton Phibes

ARE THEY BOTH SOLD OUT ALREADY? :o :o

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 10, 2017, 07:03:33 PM
ARE THEY BOTH SOLD OUT ALREADY? :o :o

Looks like just Bub at the moment but I'm sure Henry won't be far behind.

Ian

the_horror_man

Quote from: Palifan on July 10, 2017, 07:16:35 PM
Looks like just Bub at the moment but I'm sure Henry won't be far behind.

Ian

Bub is pretty big in the zombie genre, not surprised it is already sold out. I was thinking that it would last maybe half the day.

thm

Anton Phibes

The newer stuff will always do better. There are more people still alive who were young when the pictures were in theaters. 

Anton Phibes

the_horror_man

Quote from: Palifan on July 10, 2017, 11:42:10 PM
And it begins  ::)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-RARE-DISTINCTIVE-DUMMIES-DAY-OF-THE-DEAD-BUB-FIGURE-/332299884357?hash=item4d5e9dd745:g:lB4AAOSwxxdZZA8q

Ian

Over the last year, we have seen these new DD releases from retailers just sit on ebay. I think when the DD craze hit, retailers and flippers got on the band wagon. They bought every new release hoping to double and triple their investment. However, first, trends don't last, that's why they are called trends. Second, DD collectors can now enjoy a return to more reasonable prices. However, Bub is pretty popular and this figure is remarkably well done. In this case, I do not doubt a seller can get 3 times what the figure was originally sold for.

thm

Palifan

At least this should give the fans out there more of a chance of picking one up at a more reasonable price - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Distinctive-Dummies-Bub-Day-of-the-Dead-8-Figure-/162586688874?hash=item25daebfd6a:g:9XEAAOSwfIxZZEhE

Ian

Palifan

the_horror_man

I've gone back to look at Bub a couple of times and I am really happy with the look of the figure. Beautiful job on every aspect of the figure.

thm

Joseph_Baeza

Just to echo everyone's thoughts, I think Bub turned out fantastic and ranks as one of the best DD Megos put out this year.  Jarrod is really nicely done as well, as we've come to expect with every Steve Thompson sculpt.  I must say that I've also been extremely impressed with the card art DD has put out over these last few months and the plastic shells that now open from the top, as opposed to the side.  Great job, Martin and crew!