Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantom Stranger

'Annabelle" (2014)
-Annabelle Wallis

Plot: IMDB
A couple begins to experience terrifying supernatural occurrences involving a vintage doll shortly after their home is invaded by satanic cultists.

Phantom's Review:
If you're a fan of gore, sledgehammer shocks, in your face horror and major FX,well you should probably stay away from 'Annabelle'. This film is a good ,old fashioned ghost story. Slow moving, as it builds up suspense,light on the gore and FX and heavy on acting, atmosphere and suspense. A couple of good "BOO" scenes and some dine acting. If you like a good, slow burn ghost story, I think you'll like this. I did,

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Quote from: Count_Zirock on September 08, 2015, 12:45:40 AM
"30 Days of Night" (2007)
"The Wolfman" (2010)

Sent from my HUAWEI Y336-A1 using Tapatalk

Cool double feature Count. Prob my two fav contemporary monster movies

geezer butler

Thurs:
X-Men The Last Stand (2006)

Tonight:
The Terror of the Tongs (1961)
Batman the movie (1966) *blue ray
The Crimson Cult (1968)  *blue ray
The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (1974)

Memphremagog

Mad Max: Fury Road(2015)
They Came From Beyond Space(1967)
Scared To Death(1947)
Return Of the Ape Man(1944)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Memphremagog

The Amazing Colossal Man(1957)
The Day the Earth Stood Still(1951)
Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster(1964)
Cat Girl(1957)
At the Earth's Core(1976)
The Dead Want Women(2011)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

She Freak (1967)
Bride of the Monster
Three on a Meathook (1972)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Back Country - Great thriller with couple setting out on a romantic camping trip. You know how these things go. Very well done.

marsattacks666

Mord

"Muck" - Generic, modern slasher film. It had enough semi-nude chicks to get me through the 90 or so minutes.

Mike...In 3-D!

Burning Bright (2010). I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. There were some pretty tense scenes.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Mord

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on September 14, 2015, 07:12:58 PM
Burning Bright (2010). I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. There were some pretty tense scenes.
Is that the one with a tiger or lion inside the house with the girl and her brother? I liked that one a lot, as well. Very tense (as you said).

zombiehorror

Fantastic Four(2015)~all the right character names with none of the right characteristics; hard to believe but both Fantastic Four (2005) and FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer had better CGI and were closer to the comic book(s).  It is also hard to believe that they are still going ahead with a sequel but that is supposedly to keep the rights from reverting back to Marvel.      They did make a "small" profit (Worldwide gross: $160,775,871) from their $120 million budget though.

Bloodsucking Bastards~mildly amusing

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: Mord on September 14, 2015, 07:35:52 PM
Is that the one with a tiger or lion inside the house with the girl and her brother? I liked that one a lot, as well. Very tense (as you said).

Yep, that's the one. The premise made me skeptical but it was worth the watch.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on September 14, 2015, 07:35:52 PM
Is that the one with a tiger or lion inside the house with the girl and her brother?

I'm guessing, with the title "Burning Bright", it's gonna be a tiger. ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website