Previous topic - Next topic

Maceo1

Reese's White Peanut Butter Pumpkins
I am being watched, by blind people.

Maceo1

Reese's Peanut Butter Eyeballs

aura of foreboding

They also have Reese's Bats.  I've only seen them at Target.  Target also has Hershey's Cookies and Creme Sugar Skull candy wrappers.

Maceo1

New taste treats picked up today.

New Hobnob Limited Edition Wicked Wines

Captain Morgan Pumpkin Spiced Rum

Inflatable Coffin Cooler

Monsters For Sale

Fruit Chews - Assorted Fruit Rolls - from Tootsie Roll Industries

Lemon, Lime, Orange, Cherry & Vanilla Tootsie Roll Miniatures.  The only time I remember seeing these was when they would show up in my trick-or-treat bag.  In the "What's Your Favorite Halloween Candy?" competition, they ran neck-and-neck with Brach's Candy Corn and Spangler's Circus Peanuts.

Yummm.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 07, 2017, 08:59:00 PM
. . they ran neck-and-neck with Brach's Candy Corn and Spangler's Circus Peanuts.

Bleck! Nasty stuff?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 07, 2017, 10:36:37 PM
Bleck! Nasty stuff? 

They are to real fruit as the traditional Tootsie Roll is to actual chocolate.
ADAM

Maceo1

Pumpkins grown inside monster head molds.

Mord

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on October 09, 2017, 12:43:29 PM
Really? Candy corn is the food of the gods.

The Gods Must Be Crazy
CREATURE FAN

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: Maceo1 on October 06, 2017, 06:53:55 PM
New taste treats picked up today.

New Hobnob Limited Edition Wicked Wines

Captain Morgan Pumpkin Spiced Rum

Inflatable Coffin Cooler

I need that Coffin cooler
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

I was disappointed at the lack of any licensed Pepsi Universal Monster Displays this year.

But Nabisco has these "bookcase" Frankenstein & Bride displays in a couple local Albertsons Food Stores:

You can see that each free-standing display is made up of 2 bookcase displays stood back-to-back.  They are about 6 ft, tall.  The heads are positioned just in from of separate backgrounds to give them a 3D effect.

I didn't see anything on them to indicate these are made with Universal's blessing, and I have never seen these cartoon images anywhere else.  I wonder what Universal will have to say to Nabisco about this?

(Sorry, I messed up the color on the 2 Bride pictures.  I took the Monster pictures facing one way and the Bride pictures facing the opposite direction.  I didn't notice the different hues until I got home.)
ADAM

Maceo1

QuoteI didn't see anything on them to indicate these are made with Universal's blessing, and I have never seen these cartoon images anywhere else.  I wonder what Universal will have to say to Nabisco about this?

Nabisco has had licenses with Universal for years. It would not matter anyway ,since they are not selling the displays and the displays do no damage to or infringe on universals marketing. Therefore it would probably fall under fair use of the likenesses.

aura of foreboding

I have seen those several places, M4S.  Thanks for taking pics and sharing.

Quote from: Maceo1 on October 12, 2017, 04:36:39 PM
Nabisco has had licenses with Universal for years. It would not matter anyway ,since they are not selling the displays and the displays do no damage to or infringe on universals marketing. Therefore it would probably fall under fair use of the likenesses.

That is actually not how this works.  No one can use copyrighted material to promote or sell a product without paying a licensing fee to the license holder.  They may not be selling the displays, but they are using the displays to sell the products, thereby profiting. 

Nabisco no longer has a licensing deal with Universal, but they have been using generic monsters for advertising in store displays since about 2013.  There were some really great displays and box art a few years back that might have gotten the attention of Universal, which may be why they have changed them so much in just a few short years.  The first year, I would have sworn they were lifted right from the 1991 style guide.  These new ones have just enough differences to slide under the copyright radar.