A Taste of Halloween

Started by Monsters For Sale, October 05, 2015, 12:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earth 2 Chris

Those Thomas English Muffins are quite good. If you don't want to go that route for breakfast, might I suggest some Pumpkin-flavored butter (or margarine)?

I love this stuff!

Chris

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Earth 2 Chris on October 07, 2015, 05:21:01 AM
Those Thomas English Muffins are quite good. If you don't want to go that route for breakfast, might I suggest some Pumpkin-flavored butter (or margarine)?

I love this stuff!

Chris

I think the Thomas' English Muffins are my favorite so far - That and the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

That flavored butter looks like it might be pretty good. 

And, like the Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream, you can keep it in the freezer and have it for months after the holidays are over.

ADAM

Earth 2 Chris

^Yeah, my wife found a small tub that expired a few months ago the other day. We threw it out of course, but I need to get a new one, as I know they are back in stock by now.

Chris

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Earth 2 Chris on October 07, 2015, 11:22:19 AM
^Yeah, my wife found a small tub that expired a few months ago the other day. We threw it out of course, but I need to get a new one, as I know they are back in stock by now.

Chris

Where do you buy them?
ADAM

Earth 2 Chris

Our local Wal-marts carry them. They are in the same section you find butter and margarine.

Chris

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on October 05, 2015, 01:51:41 PM
Just had half a giant bag of candy corn M&Ms. Those are great (no waxy texture).

Just gave them a try - they are pretty darned good.  They have a creamy texture/flavor.

Even Mikey would like these.
ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 08, 2015, 07:59:32 AM
Just gave them a try - they are pretty darned good.  They have a creamy texture/flavor.

Even Mikey would like these.
Good for you. They have a unique taste.

ravenloft

I haven't found any seasonal M&M's that I can't do without, but I do like me some Easter candy, so the recent trend to make Easter and Valentine's style candies spooky for Halloween sits well with me

oooh this sounds good

I love Halloween spice drops and ju ju pumpkins

and for those who quest for pumpkin flavor:

horrorhunter

It's a pity we have to put a food thread in Modern Monster Toys for lack of appropriate sections. Not only did The Great Purge wipe out a lot of good content, it also left us without good options for posting. In the long run it's proven to make it less enjoyable for the people who really keep UMA going... us.

I don't want to seem negative. What's done is done and we can't go back. My real point is that we need a General Discussion section again to post everything that doesn't fit anywhere currently. Be it food, video games, superhero comics, whatever. There are many things that are loosely related to monsters that don't have an appropriate posting home in current UMA.

BTW, great thread, Adam.  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Count_Zirock

I've had two Pumpkin Pie yogurts. Oikos Greek Style Pumpkin Pie is awesome! Tasted like filling right out of the pie, mixed with a bit of whipped cream. Yoplait Light's Pumpkin Pie was a disappointment. Obviously artificially flavored (whereas the Oikos lists pumpkin puree as its fourth ingredient).

Sent from my HUAWEI Y336-A1 using Tapatalk
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Monsters For Sale

The Peeps people also have these:

The 9 tombstones have only the 3 inscriptions shown.

(Not sure if the Caramel Apple Peeps were posted before.)

Hershey has this Candy Corn bar in two sizes:

Russell Stover has joined in with a Pumpkin Spice Latte Chocolate Bar:

Ghiardelli has Pumpkin Spice Caramel-filled Chocolate Squares.

Mars has these "Pecan Pie" M&M's:

Only thing here I have tried.  Found them at Walmart Food Store.  Can't recommend these.  Wa-ay too sweet, and did not make me think of Pecan Pie.  (Stick with the Candy Corn M&M's.  They remind me more of ice cream than of actual candy corn.)

Mars evidently didn't want to tinker with a tried and true candy bar, so they just colored the 3 Musketeers Bar nougat red:

I think it would have been a lot more fun to color the inside of the Peeps red.  "Oh my God!  Your baby chick is bleeding!"

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Some more items listed on Walmart's site:

Pillsbury Grands Cinnabons go the Pumpkin Spice route.

Hostess Donettes Pumpkin Spice Mini Donuts with Cinnamon Icing.

Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cup Cakes.

Philadelphia Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese.  Tried this one.  Too sweet and not spicy enough for me.  (But I also discovered that they now make a Bacon-Flavored Philly Cream Cheese - Yum.)

If you bake, check out the cake mix, muffin mix, cookie mix isle.  Looks like everybody who makes mixes is getting in on the fad.
ADAM

Mord

I bumped this thread for Zomb. Does this help?

zombabe

Quote from: Mord on October 25, 2015, 01:54:11 PM
I bumped this thread for Zomb. Does this help?

Yes, perfect! Thank you ;D

Earth 2 Chris

I haven't been able to find the Country Crock Pumpkin spread this year. They switched over to square containers...maybe that's part of the problem?

Chris