Whats the last song you listened to today??

Started by Dr.Teufel Geist, June 22, 2009, 06:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on December 19, 2019, 05:05:16 PM
Totally man. I love Motorhead. I'm happy to say I saw them live probably half a dozen times. Yeah, Lemmy never cared for the "heavy metal" label, always insisting they were "rock n roll" band.  Still, I always considered them a metal band. Seems to me Motorhead had more in common with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest, than the Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, the Who etc.

But who am I to argue with the late great Lemmy?

I always considered them the architects of speed metal. Of course, speed metal is far faster, but Motorhead lit that fire.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Pantera: Floods

Great song, but I especially enjoy Dimebag's outro solo at end of song \m/

Wicked Lester

Keeping in with the season. ,Jethro Tull,God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_lFoAQQ0is&fbclid=IwAR112N9zrmaefWUzauB7uvRwKc9uob3UIbA-tM_5m8m-GdKtm5Ys0UMJRXA

Today the 21st is the Winter Solstice. Bless you all.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Rolling Stones -  Some Girls (1978)

This was the last classic album by lads. One monster track after another. My fave line:
    "Black girls just wanna get f*cked all night, and I don't have that much jam" (Very controversial, at the time).

Btw, this should have been on the "What have you been listening to side." You caint always git what you want, I guess. Sorry.

Mord

I played a quartet of songs The Clash have covered. They all stand up very well on their own.

1. Police and Thieves (Jr. Murvin)
2. Pressure Drop (Toots and the Maytals)
3. I Fought the Law (Bobby Fuller Four)
4. Police on my Back (The Equals)

Check out The Equals, if you get a chance. They were a sixties mixed-race group who were well ahead of their time. They remind me of The Specials meet The Clash (at least on that one song)

marsattacks666

geezer butler

Just listened to my hard rock/heavy metal Christmas playlist. Some of these songs are played for fun, but some are actually quite good.

Alice Cooper: Santa Claws is Coming to Town
Kind Diamond: No Presents for Christmas
AC/DC: Mistress for Christmas
Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Rob Halford: What Child is This?
Type O Negative: Red Water (Christmas Mourning)
X-Mas Project: Rocking around the X-Mas Tree
Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Christmas Canon
Twisted Sister: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
Steel Panther: The Stocking Song
Tenacious D: Things I Want
August Burns Red: We Wish You a Merry Christmas

Dr.Cyclops

"A Castle without a Crypt is like a Unicorn without a Horn" ~ Professor Abronsius

Hepcat

Interesting! The auto-embed feature for Youtube videos on this board only works for me when I'm using Firefox. I see nothing but a blank space and the words "Error 404 (Not Found)!!1" when I'm using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. But when I left click on those words I'm directed to the video on the Youtube site.

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

Mord

The Who. - All This Music Must Fade

I thought I'd give this new Who single a shot. Damn, it's not half bad. Pete still has his sense of humor, while Roger still has that great voice. Mike give it a try. While nowhere near their best, it's not their worst.

marsattacks666

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!