Whats the last song you listened to today??

Started by Dr.Teufel Geist, June 22, 2009, 11:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Iggy & The Stooges - I Got a Right (great guitar work by James Williamson)

geezer butler

Quote from: marsattacks666 on January 26, 2020, 10:02:33 PM
Listened to my band, on Friday night

Set list....
Sleaze( original)
Anarchy in the U.K.( USA, Megadeth)
Livin' in the City(FEAR)
Show No Mercy(Cromags)
Puppies(original)
The Poor(original)
The Ascension(original)
Plus a few more

That's awesome man. Remind me the name of your band again . . .thanks!

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on January 26, 2020, 10:55:03 PM
That's awesome man. Remind me the name of your band again . . .thanks!

Motocyco. A kind of borrowed name from Russ Meyer's film, Motorpsycho-1965
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Quote from: marsattacks666 on January 26, 2020, 11:13:22 PM
Motocyco. A kind of borrowed name from Russ Meyer's film, Motorpsycho-1965

Great name, that's cool man thanks. Where can I hear you guys? Every time I searched on Google or Youtube, they send me to "MotorPsycho," some Norwegian band.

You're a drummer right? I'm jealous. I took drum and violin lessons when I was a kid. My dad wanted me to be a musician so I rebelled and wanted to play sports. So I put the drum sticks and violin away, and played football and baseball. I don't regret playing sports, but I wish I would have stuck with the drums at least. I realized at a certain age that you can't play football and baseball anymore, but I could still by jamming if I stuck with it.

My younger brothers are musicians though. My one bro sings in a hardcore band in SoCal. Just a local band, play few shows a year. But they have fun. When they were younger and playing more shows, they opened for As I Lay Dying in Irvine. I was at that gig. That was probably their biggest moment. Now they jam just for fun.

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on January 28, 2020, 03:08:35 AM
Great name, that's cool man thanks. Where can I hear you guys? Every time I searched on Google or Youtube, they send me to "MotorPsycho," some Norwegian band.

You're a drummer right? I'm jealous. I took drum and violin lessons when I was a kid. My dad wanted me to be a musician so I rebelled and wanted to play sports. So I put the drum sticks and violin away, and played football and baseball. I don't regret playing sports, but I wish I would have stuck with the drums at least. I realized at a certain age that you can't play football and baseball anymore, but I could still by jamming if I stuck with it.

My younger brothers are musicians though. My one bro sings in a hardcore band in SoCal. Just a local band, play few shows a year. But they have fun. When they were younger and playing more shows, they opened for As I Lay Dying in Irvine. I was at that gig. That was probably their biggest moment. Now they jam just for fun.

Geezer.
Yes, a drummer. I'd say being a musician is more of a curse then a gift. I would gladly not be one. For years, I have played, rehearsed, performed on stage with many bands, musicians and it was not worth it, unfortunately.

So much drama from different personalities, mixed with awful attitude, laziness, and narcissism. Definitely inflated ego from musicians who think they are better than their fellow members in the band. That is no commonality . Believe me. Camaraderie among members in the same band is a fantasy.

I wish I would have continued being an artist than waste my time being a musician.

Buy, hey!! Life goes on.

Signed, Debbie Downer🤘🏼
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Quote from: marsattacks666 on January 28, 2020, 04:06:17 PM
Geezer.
Yes, a drummer. I'd say being a musician is more of a curse then a gift. I would gladly not be one. For years, I have played, rehearsed, performed on stage with many bands, musicians and it was not worth it, unfortunately.

So much drama from different personalities, mixed with awful attitude, laziness, and narcissism. Definitely inflated ego from musicians who think they are better than their fellow members in the band. That is no commonality . Believe me. Camaraderie among members in the same band is a fantasy.

I wish I would have continued being an artist than waste my time being a musician.

Buy, hey!! Life goes on.

Signed, Debbie Downer🤘🏼

I love Debbie Downer, LoL!

Sorry to hear that man, but I appreciate the honesty. I should clarify, when I said my brother's were "musicians," what I really mean is they know how to play instruments. They're not professional musicians. My brother in Detroit can play multiple instruments and has a studio in his basement, but he hasn't played in a band in prob 15 years. He just jams for fun. And like i said, my bro in California only gets together with his band for 3 or 4 shows a year, at most. So both brothers have day jobs and have never played in bands for money. So I just wish I was proficient enough to jam with family and friends once in a while. I agree with you, the professional musician hustle sounds taxing.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing \m/

geezer butler

The Beatles: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
The Who: Shakin' All Over (live)
Cactus: Evil
James Gang: The Bomber A: Closet Queen
Jeff Beck: Spanish Boots
Mountain: Theme from an Imaginary Western
The Rolling Stones: Rocks Off
Jimi Hendrix: Little Wing

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on January 29, 2020, 04:49:20 AM
I love Debbie Downer, LoL!

Sorry to hear that man, but I appreciate the honesty. I should clarify, when I said my brother's were "musicians," what I really mean is they know how to play instruments. They're not professional musicians. My brother in Detroit can play multiple instruments and has a studio in his basement, but he hasn't played in a band in prob 15 years. He just jams for fun. And like i said, my bro in California only gets together with his band for 3 or 4 shows a year, at most. So both brothers have day jobs and have never played in bands for money. So I just wish I was proficient enough to jam with family and friends once in a while. I agree with you, the professional musician hustle sounds taxing.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing \m/

Right, on, Geezer 🤘🏼

marsattacks666

Mord

Jonathan Richman - I Was Dancing in the Lesbian Bar

geezer butler

Wolfman

Lay Down (Candles in the Rain) - Melanie

JP

marsattacks666

geezer butler

Liquid Metal peppering playlist with some old school jams lately. Heard these songs on there recently:

Slayer: Hell Awaits
King Diamond: Abigail
Raw Power: State Oppression
Black Sabbath: NIB
Iron Maiden: Killers
Melvins: Honey Bucket

marsattacks666