Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on February 16, 2019, 10:20:02 PM
Also these ARE going to happen so if it's not in June don't panic.

Are you connected to SUPER 7, or know someone who is?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Palifan

Thanks for posting the pictures up, it always helps to see them on here and I hadn't noticed the Soapeez (their name not mine), which do look pretty nice. This one sold on eBay a while ago but these came unpainted so I'm thinking it's a possible custom paint job.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metallica-Kirk-Hammett-Nosferatu-Super-Soapeez-statuette-/264091251621?hash=item3d7d10b3a5%3Ag%3AIS4AAOSwoAFcFrMC&nma=true&si=kcB1HwvvxumoHvz1w3JB3UBTi54%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ian

aura of foreboding

I'm digging all of the new stuff.  The Dracula 3.75 looks really promising.  Wonder if we'll get a Soakie for Dracula.  I was surprised that we got a Revenge of the Creature 3.75.  It's a nice surprise.  The Invisible Man looks even better than the original.  Thanks for all the cool shares! 

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on February 17, 2019, 04:03:30 PM
Looks like he's getting snubbed yet again!

It would be odd, though, considering he is in the mystery packs and the action figures.  Well, they haven't shown the mystery pack Drac figure yet, so I'm still holding out hope.

fearliath

I saw a post specific to the Universal Monster Reaction figures so I thought I'd add something. I decided I'll put this in this thread as it seems to be the more developed Super 7 thread.

If anyone is interested a third wave of Universal Monster Reaction figures is in the works. Based on the fact that the first two waves cover the more commonly featured monsters (and a few less than commonly featured monsters) you can expect to see wave 3 have figures never done in this scale. Wave 3 is still a ways off and, in a way, depends on the continued success of the Universal Monster line of Reaction figures but I'm pretty excited about any new classic monster figures in the 3.75" scale.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on February 19, 2019, 03:33:44 AM
Wave 3 is still a ways off and, in a way, depends on the continued success of the Universal Monster line of Reaction figures but I'm pretty excited about any new classic monster figures in the 3.75" scale.

It does sound exciting! I hope we get a "Creature Walks"!  :)
CREATURE FAN

MrDark1

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 17, 2019, 12:14:53 AM
I didn't see the Soaky characters - definitely want one of those Franks - Maybe two, so I can give one a better paintjob.

The 3¾" Franks looks like a Burger King repop.

Actually, aside from the green jacket, the BK figure of yore, were stunning Karloff Likeness sculpts!  Those were copied directly from Frankenstein film stills, every detail faithfully captured, from his standing stance, the wrinkles in his trousers, to the clodsmanship of his boots-all screen accurate.   One of the best Karloff head sculpts too, at that time.  Rather a small figure, but I never seen a custom paint job on this figure-it screams for one though.

TheMadScientist

I'll definitely be getting all of the second wave of the Reaction figures, and probably most of (if not all of the soakies). My issues getting a non-damaged Frankenstein superbucket has me a little spooked to order either the Mummy or Wolfman, but I'll probably get those as well. Better start saving my money!

VulcansFury

So, as predicted, they are delaying The Worst series2 to next week. So, last week was Slayer who is conveniently temporarily sold out in time for this weeks POTA2. Want all three releases? 3x the shipping charges! I know they will pull the same shenanigans later with their SDCC2019 stuff, same as 2018. So, this former completionist is now a cherry-picker, whos looking more at what other companies are putting out. Dear Super7, remember that Playmates Toys killed their Star Trek line at the height of its popularity with anti-fan tactics, and Mattel ruined DCUC and Thundercats over the Digital River shipping issues.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: fearliath on February 19, 2019, 03:33:44 AM
I saw a post specific to the Universal Monster Reaction figures so I thought I'd add something. I decided I'll put this in this thread as it seems to be the more developed Super 7 thread.

If anyone is interested a third wave of Universal Monster Reaction figures is in the works. Based on the fact that the first two waves cover the more commonly featured monsters (and a few less than commonly featured monsters) you can expect to see wave 3 have figures never done in this scale. Wave 3 is still a ways off and, in a way, depends on the continued success of the Universal Monster line of Reaction figures but I'm pretty excited about any new classic monster figures in the 3.75" scale.

This is awesome!  I hope some play sets are in our future.   ;)

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Quote from: VulcansFury on February 20, 2019, 02:15:26 AM
So, as predicted, they are delaying The Worst series2 to next week. So, last week was Slayer who is conveniently temporarily sold out in time for this weeks POTA2. Want all three releases? 3x the shipping charges! I know they will pull the same shenanigans later with their SDCC2019 stuff, same as 2018. So, this former completionist is now a cherry-picker, whos looking more at what other companies are putting out. Dear Super7, remember that Playmates Toys killed their Star Trek line at the height of its popularity with anti-fan tactics, and Mattel ruined DCUC and Thundercats over the Digital River shipping issues.

Just wait until all the stuff you want is announced and order it all at the same time. Voila....no extra shipping. You don't have to order it all the day its announced....do you? or am I missing something? if something sells out, then I guess that's a risk of course.

Furthermore, I am pretty sure Super7 doesn't make money off of charging shipping. So I am afraid I don't understand the beef.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 21, 2019, 03:37:13 PM
Just wait until all the stuff you want is announced and order it all at the same time. Voila....no extra shipping. You don't have to order it all the day its announced....do you? or am I missing something? if something sells out, then I guess that's a risk of course.

Furthermore, I am pretty sure Super7 doesn't make money off of charging shipping. So I am afraid I don't understand the beef.

I'm with you on this: I don't see the need to jump on everything the moment it's released. Besides, if they released a ton of things all at once, you can be sure some would be complaining,"I can't afford to buy all this stuff at once! They need to spread out their releases!"