Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 20, 2018, 03:12:34 AM
So... after you pay the eBay scalper mark-up and shipping = $50.00.

Got it.

These should be readily available on the website, no?  The last batch of figures were, and those were exclusives.  Since these are general releases, I'm not too worried. 

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: aura of foreboding on September 20, 2018, 03:34:32 AM
These should be readily available on the website, no?  The last batch of figures were, and those were exclusives.  Since these are general releases, I'm not too worried.

As long as its not like Mego/Target I won't be unhappy.

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

TheMadScientist

Quote from: aura of foreboding on September 20, 2018, 03:34:32 AM

They should be. I follow Super 7 on Facebook, and they posted about the buckets this morning. Someone brought up eBay scalpers, and Super 7 responded; "These will not be a limited edition release. We are debuting them at NYCC but the Superbuckets will be available after the show. DO NOT PAY FLIPPERS FOR THESE!".

Someone else asked about buckets for other monsters, and Super 7 said "more characters to come over the year(s)".

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: TheMadScientist on September 21, 2018, 01:10:52 AM
They should be. I follow Super 7 on Facebook, and they posted about the buckets this morning. Someone brought up eBay scalpers, and Super 7 responded; "These will not be a limited edition release. We are debuting them at NYCC but the Superbuckets will be available after the show. DO NOT PAY FLIPPERS FOR THESE!".

Someone else asked about buckets for other monsters, and Super 7 said "more characters to come over the year(s)".

Does Mr. "Super 7" have a human name?
ADAM

TheMadScientist

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 21, 2018, 01:19:24 AM
Does Mr. "Super 7" have a human name?

Not that I know of. The responses came from their official Facebook page.

aura of foreboding

Mord

This is the first time I'm seeing the buckets. I'm not in the least bit impressed. They look like anime versions of Frankie and Creech. I don't like them any better than those dreaded  "Pops" figures. I'm saving money like crazy this Halloween.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: aura of foreboding on September 21, 2018, 01:37:29 AM
This is the best question in any recent thread.

That's one of our problems with getting any official word on this stuff.  There is no Official to contact.  These companies do not have any Public Relations/Information Officer for us to address our questions to.  No one identifiable person is charged with releasing company announcements.  No one claims to be the official voice.

Everything we hear is in the "Word has it..", "A little bird told me...", "Rumor has it...", It's not ready for publication yet, but..." I'm not authorized to publish this ...".

Even their official site replies are anonymous.  Repeated inquiries might be going to a number of responders, each with slightly different information or understanding of that information.

It would be nice if they had a spokesperson to whom we could refer for the "official word" on company plans, products, status, availability and pricing - even if they are preliminary.  Someone to whom we could submit concerns, questions and even suggestions.

Maybe that's just me.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on September 21, 2018, 01:50:51 AM
This is the first time I'm seeing the buckets. I'm not in the least bit impressed. They look like anime versions of Frankie and Creech. I don't like them any better than those dreaded  "Pops" figures. I'm saving money like crazy this Halloween.

I bet DirtyHorse could make even that Frankenstein Bucket look impressive.  Too much of what we are being sold needs to be improved after sale.  If we can give something a decent paint job, so could the factory.

I'll probably get one.  It is an OK Halloween item.  I hold Halloween decorations to a much more relaxed standard than I do the more representative collectible or even everyday toys.

If that was the head on an action figure, I wouldn't buy it.
ADAM

deadonarrival

Quote from: TheMadScientist on September 21, 2018, 01:24:39 AM
Not that I know of. The responses came from their official Facebook page.

Brian Flynn. Owner of super7 who regularly responds to questions on instagram (possibly facebook too? I dont use fb)

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: deadonarrival on September 21, 2018, 02:05:11 AM
Brian Flynn. Owner of super7 who regularly responds to questions on instagram (possibly facebook too? I dont use fb)

There you go, guys.  Unless Mr. Flynn decides to delegate public relations to another person in his company, address all inquiries directly to him - and forego the rumor mill.
ADAM