THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph_Baeza

Lovely set of releases this morning from Martin & crew!  What a treat to see Vinney as Matthew Hopkins in Megostyle form!  When I first started collecting monster figures seriously many years ago, I never would have dreamt he would ever become available as an action figure.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on July 01, 2019, 11:19:09 AM
Lovely set of releases this morning from Martin & crew!  What a treat to see Vinney as Matthew Hopkins in Megostyle form!  When I first started collecting monster figures seriously many years ago, I never would have dreamt he would ever become available as an action figure.

Witchfinder General made me hate Vincent Price in it. He was not himself. Therefore, I continue to despise the movie. However, the figure is absolutely phenomenal. Fans will be pleased. Both releases are stellar. Invasion of the Body Snatchers is as much a must for me as avoiding Witchfinder General or the Wicker Man. Wicker Man made me hate Christopher Lee in it. So I avoid that one too. When something is a tad too realistic, and makes me hate the fellow in it, I shy away.

Palifan

I also agree that these another fantastic release and I know there will be some very happy people this month as ever. Growing up in the 70's/early 80's these are just a little outside my collecting realm but it's top work all around and good to see these classic properties getting the DD treatment.

A big thanks as ever for this months release mail, it's always exciting to see what's coming out and I'm pretty sure my collecting needs will be well served very soon (it's nice to have a few months break with my collection space getting tighter and tighter but I can feel the need for some DD action soon  :D).

Ian

Mord

Mord

Nevermind, just saw them. Spectacular! Both are perfection. I love the pod with the Kevin McCarthy fig.

the_horror_man

I would like to see a Christopher Walken figure from The Dead Zone.

thm

Anton Phibes

Next month's offerings are personal favorites of mine, that I have been waiting on for ages. Good things come to those who wait. I hate to BABble or BUBBle too much. Yet it's been a Black and Dark Night waiting on these two. Literally several months of SUNDAYS. It was a SCARE session wondering if they would eventually make the cut. Now that the mask of darkness that Satan had over our eyes has been lifted, I am going to CROW a little about these finally seeing production. I am totally giving these identities away, but hey...i am having fun, and waited a long time for these hints.  Get your Paypal accounts ready. Newsletter drop date is Monday, August 5th. Don't miss it, or I will repudiate you and take back my floral lei. If you don't get these hints, you've either never seen these movies or are duller than a bag of hammers,lol.  ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Mord

Joseph_Baeza

OH MY!!!  We are gonna be in for an EPIC August release! Like you, Richard, 2 figures that I have been wanting and waiting a long time for!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on July 11, 2019, 05:23:20 PM
OH MY!!!  We are gonna be in for an EPIC August release! Like you, Richard, 2 figures that I have been wanting and waiting a long time for!

Bubba didn't do it!!!!!! ;) ;D ;D

Palifan

Next Monday the drop date per chance?

Ian

Anton Phibes

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 01, 2019, 11:29:32 AM
Witchfinder General made me hate Vincent Price in it. He was not himself. Therefore, I continue to despise the movie. However, the figure is absolutely phenomenal. Fans will be pleased. Both releases are stellar. Invasion of the Body Snatchers is as much a must for me as avoiding Witchfinder General or the Wicker Man. Wicker Man made me hate Christopher Lee in it. So I avoid that one too. When something is a tad too realistic, and makes me hate the fellow in it, I shy away.

Because of the hatred you had to both actors for their performances in both films, did you ever excuse or forgive them later on in their careers, Anton?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 30, 2019, 05:20:20 PM
Because of the hatred you had to both actors for their performances in both films, did you ever excuse or forgive them later on in their careers, Anton?

Oh I absolutely love seeing them in nearly every other thing despite some films I detest, and there's really nothing to "forgive" per se. I just like liking them....and the films in question actually made me hate them. I suppose that's a mark of a good actor. Andy Griffith did that to me once too. He played a corrupt judge that caused some teenage girl to get raped in prison, and showed no remorse. Cannot watch the film to this day. I guess I just generally subscribe to the Karloff and Cushing rule. That the film should never "repulse or repel the viewer" and "Good always Triumphs over evil".  There were no good guys left in Witchfinder General. it's a very bleak and dismal picture, and Vincent Price acts like truly wicked people, and not at all his likable parody of himself he is in nearly everything else. Wicker Man repulses me because Edward Woodward is a sheep in the film. I will always love the actors....but those flicks I avoid. I also am not fond of Cushing's restored scene in Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed where he rapes Veronica Carlson's character. He didn't want the scene filmed, and was glad when it got nixed. To have it put back years after his death was, in my opinion, kind of insulting to the man.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 30, 2019, 05:35:43 PM
Oh I absolutely love seeing them in nearly every other thing despite some films I detest, and there's really nothing to "forgive" per se. I just like liking them....and the films in question actually made me hate them. I suppose that's a mark of a good actor. Andy Griffith did that to me once too. He played a corrupt judge that caused some teenage girl to get raped in prison, and showed no remorse. Cannot watch the film to this day. I guess I just generally subscribe to the Karloff and Cushing rule. That the film should never "repulse or repel the viewer" and "Good always Triumphs over evil".  There were no good guys left in Witchfinder General. it's a very bleak and dismal picture, and Vincent Price acts like truly wicked people, and not at all his likable parody of himself he is in nearly everything else. Wicker Man repulses me because Edward Woodward is a sheep in the film. I will always love the actors....but those flicks I avoid. I also am not fond of Cushing's restored scene in Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed where he rapes Veronica Carlson's character. He didn't want the scene filmed, and was glad when it got nixed. To have it put back years after his death was, in my opinion, kind of insulting to the man.

Thank you your forthright explanation. There are certain films and television shows I will never watch again.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."