THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Palifan on August 03, 2018, 04:40:22 PM
Is the next email due this Monday?

Ian

Mmmmmmm........could be.  ;) ;) ;D ;D 8)

Palifan

The new figures are up and look quite spectacular!  :o

Had to go for the Drac but the other looks amazing although I haven't seen the film so let that one go.

Very impressive work this month, some very happy people here I'm sure and top marks all round for the whole team who made this happen.

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

Another 2 great new releases this morning!  Jourdan is an amazing addition to the already fantastic DD Dracula wave, and I'm really digging the 80's monsters thus far!  Great sculpts by Gab and Steve, and remarkable paints by Martin!  DD fans have come to expect no less, and DD always delivers!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on August 06, 2018, 12:06:31 PM
Another 2 great new releases this morning!  Jourdan is an amazing addition to the already fantastic DD Dracula wave, and I'm really digging the 80's monsters thus far!  Great sculpts by Gab and Steve, and remarkable paints by Martin!  DD fans have come to expect no less, and DD always delivers!

The Dracula Wave has proven to be my favorite with Mr. Thompson seriously outdoing himself with the Langella and Jourdan likenesses. They aew wonderful. It's also a testament to DD to venture into virgin territory with Palance, Langella, and Jourdan. Incidentally, I might add I had a little nudging on Martin's ear going on hoping these would happen,lol. Like Wasp Woman and Boy Who Cried Werewolf. Once you've been collecting this stuff into your third decade, other monsters besides the big 7 need some love too.

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Mord

Quote from: the_horror_man on August 08, 2018, 05:38:45 PM
This is not necessarily a good thing.

thm
Yes,. The lower the profile, the better for DD.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Sir Spooks-A-Lot on August 08, 2018, 04:42:44 PM
Some of Martin's Evil Dead figures appeared on bloody disgusting.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/3514535/monsters-motion-selling-limited-edition-shelly-linda-evil-dead-action-figures/

The fellas in the comments section are rude. In no way complimentary. So boo on them.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on August 08, 2018, 06:34:51 PM

Yes, exactly.

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 08, 2018, 08:13:15 PM
The fellas in the comments section are rude. In no way complimentary. So boo on them.

lol Well, not every toy is Hot Toy quality to be put in glass detolf. ;D

thm

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Mord on August 08, 2018, 06:34:51 PM
The lower the profile, the better for all of us who have been with DD from the beginning.

Anton Phibes

At the risk of sounding rude, those poops in the comment section at Bloody Disgusting can go fly a kite. I doubt a one of them has contributed even half as much to collectible horror figures as DD has. Armchair quarterbacks. >:D >:D

Palifan

These comments are quite sad to read and also I agree it's maybe better that these figures fly under the radar a bit, not so much for the collectors but more so for the creators as I'd hate to see these stop production for some legal reason.

The way figures like these are made now a days for the most part is that they have very detailed sculpting and multiple points of articulation. I think that the people who wrote the comments missed the point that these are made in the style of mego figures from back in the day and there is is a real charm to them. I must admit that it took me a while to get onboard with these figures for some reason but after looking at the various releases and reading up on all I could find out on them I really got into them and now have built up a nice healthy collection of them.

People will always have their preferred area of interest but I think with the fact that each figures always sells out within a couple of days (or hours some times!), proves that there's more than a big enough fanbase for them. I personally can't wait for each month to come around and see what's next on the menu for us  :D

Ian

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 08, 2018, 11:26:34 PM
At the risk of sounding rude, those poops in the comment section at Bloody Disgusting can go fly a kite. I doubt a one of them has contributed even half as much to collectible horror figures as DD has. Armchair quarterbacks. >:D >:D
I agree, Anton. The comments were rude and dismissive. Fans should be glad to get these handmade beauties. If you can do better...have at it. Otherwise, appreciate the fact that someone cared enough to make them in the first place.

horrorhunter

Looking forward to Daninsky from Night Of The Werewolf (1981).

ALWAYS MONSTERING...