New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 02, 2022, 10:22:21 AM
No, these are all versions of the original European cut.

Well poop :'(. Thanks for the info.

Monsters For Sale

Return of the Living Dead, 1984 - 4k & BLU-Ray - Scream Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  October 18, 2022

Very cool that this was made from a 4K scan of the original camera negative.

And check out the Extras on this 3-Disc edition.

Bonus Features 

DISC ONE (FEATURE FILM – 4K UHD)
:

-  NEW 2022 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative
   -  In Dolby Vision (HDR 10 Compatible)
   -  DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0
   -  Audio Commentary With Gary Smart (Co-author Of The Complete History Of The Return Of The Living Dead) And Chris Griffiths
   -  Audio Commentary With Actors Thom Mathews, John Philbin And Make-up Effects Artist Tony Gardner
   -  Audio Commentary With Director Dan O'Bannon And Production Designer William Stout
   -  Audio Commentary With The Cast And Crew Featuring Production Designer William Stout And Actors Don Calfa, Linnea Quigley, Beverly Randolph, And Allan Trautman
   -  Zombie Subtitles
   -  In Their Own Words – The Zombies Speak

DISC TWO (FEATURE FILM – BLU-RAY)

-  2022 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative
   -  DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0
   -  Audio Commentary With Gary Smart (Co-author Of The Complete History Of The Return Of The Living Dead) And Chris Griffiths
   -  Audio Commentary With Actors Thom Mathews, John Philbin And Make-up Effects Artist Tony Gardner
   -  Audio Commentary With Director Dan O'Bannon And Production Designer William Stout
   -  Audio Commentary With The Cast And Crew Featuring Production Designer William Stout And Actors Don Calfa, Linnea Quigley, Beverly Randolph, And Allan Trautman
   -  The Decade Of Darkness – Featurette On '80s Horror Films
   -  Theatrical Trailers
   -  TV Spots
   -  Still Gallery – Posters, Lobby Cards, Movie Stills And Behind-The-Scenes Photos
   -  Still Gallery – Behind-The-Scenes Photos From Special Make-up Effects Artist Kenny Myers' Personal Collection
   -  Zombie Subtitles
   -  In Their Own Words – The Zombies Speak

DISC THREE (SPECIAL FEATURES – BLU-RAY)

-  The Return Of The Living Dead Workprint – Includes 20 minutes Of Additional Footage (In Standard Definition)
   -  More Brains: A Return To The Living Dead – The Definitive Documentary On The Return Of The Living Dead
   -  The FX Of The Return Living Dead – With Production Designer William Stout, FX Make-up Artists William Munns,
   -  Tony Gardner, Kenny Myers And Craig Caton-Largnet, Visual Effects Artists Bret Mixon And Gene Warren Jr. (Expanded Version)
   -  Party Time: The Music Of The Return Of The Living Dead – With Music Consultants Budd Carr And Steve Pross And
   -  Soundtrack Artists Plus Musicians (Expanded Version)
   -  The Origins Of The Living Dead – An Interview With John A. Russo
   -  The Return Of The Living Dead: The Dead Have Risen – Interviews With Cast Members Clu Gulager, James Karen,
   -  Don Calfa, Thom Mathews, Beverly Randolph, Linnea Quigley And More...
   -  Designing The Dead – Interviews With Writer/Director Dan O'Bannon And Production Designer William Stout
   -  HORROR'S HALLOWED GROUNDS – Revisiting The Locations Of The Film
   -  A Conversation With Dan O'Bannon – His Final Interview

Amazon's current pre-sale price is only $29.99.

https://tinyurl.com/2h64bjx9

ADAM

marsattacks666

I am SO ready for 4k of Return of the Living Deas
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Coming December 13:

No word on extras as yet..
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

MikeSTZillak

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 11, 2022, 11:21:00 PM
I assume from Millcreek?

Yep, along with a Sci-Fi set:

Blu-Ray debut of 30 Foot Bride

Mike Scott

They should have put FIVE in that SF set.
CREATURE FAN

Anton Phibes

What is FIVE, Mike? Never heard of it.

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Anton Phibes

Arch Obler? It has to be decent then.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 12, 2022, 09:34:38 PM

It's a good movie. Not a classic, but it gets the job done. Low budget. Shot at Obler's house. It's on DVD.
CREATURE FAN

BRICK

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 12, 2022, 09:34:38 PM

I wish that was the case, but it isn't. It's hard to believe that the same person who wrote "The Dark", "Murder Castle", "The Little People" and "The Chicken Heart" wrote both "Five" and "The Bubble". Maybe movies are just too long for him, maybe he is used to dialogue over action; but, for me, these movies were HUGE disappointments! He should have stuck with short format horror. Even in 3-D, I could barely make it to the end of "The Bubble".
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on October 12, 2022, 11:56:16 PM
I wish that was the case, but it isn't.

It's not that bad. If you're a fan of 50s sci-fi, you'll want to see it, at least, once. I've probably seen it, I don't know, FIVE times.
CREATURE FAN

BRICK

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 13, 2022, 12:16:36 AM
It's not that bad. If you're a fan of 50s sci-fi, you'll want to see it, at least, once. I've probably seen it, I don't know, FIVE times.

Your right, FIVE isn't a terrible movie, per se; but, because I was a big fan of Lights Out, I may have set my expectations exceedingly high.  (The Bubble, on the other hand...) :)
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN