Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

What!?!? Shannon Tweed AND Bill Maher...I'm in!

ChristineBCW

Never watched Bill Maher on those late nights - there were a couple of those characters on that I constantly confused.  They weren't twins, exactly, but since they were on different networks, I never saw them together so, who knows - maybe they were the same person.

I always get Maher confused with Gerrit Graham

or with Body Double's Craig Wasson

Or maybe it's the Jon Late-Night that confuses me.  Ah well... I have a feeling all of them made films that Orson might have preferred a much-earlier demise.

Mord

Until a few years ago, I thought that it was Bill Maher in "Body Double" and "Ghost Story". It wasn't until recent viewings of those films, that I realized it was Craig Wasson. 

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on January 11, 2016, 08:27:18 PM
Until a few years ago, I thought that it was Bill Maher in "Body Double" and "Ghost Story". It wasn't until recent viewings of those films, that I realized it was Craig Wasson.

Honestly, both look extremely similar.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

jimm

Quote from: geezer butler on December 30, 2015, 12:33:44 AM
Totally recommend this set! One of my fav collections. Obviously "Brides" and "Curse" two of the best Hammer films ever. I'm a big fan of "Night Creatures" too. I think Hammer's "Phantom" is underrated. 

Thanks all, went for the Hammer 8 film set with my Amazon card (along with a pair of jeans LOL) A few of these will be first views!!

Joeynines

Mike Scott mentioned that the UK version of the Alien Anthology was the way to go if you wanted to stay away from sliding your blu's in and out of cardboard sleeves, well folks, I'm here to tell you he was right on the money. Thanks Mike.

Joe

Joeynines

Since I was in a UK state of mind I headed over to Zavvi and picked this up. It's a limited print of 500.

Joe

Mike Scott

Quote from: Joeynines on January 30, 2016, 06:38:36 PM
Mike Scott mentioned that the UK version of the Alien Anthology was the way to go if you wanted to stay away from sliding your blu's in and out of cardboard sleeves, well folks, I'm here to tell you he was right on the money.

It's nice to be right, but I think I was talking about the Universal Monsters Blu-Ray box. :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Joeynines

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 30, 2016, 07:11:34 PM
It's nice to be right, but I think I was talking about the Universal Monsters Blu-Ray box. :)
My bad, I don't remember where or who mentioned the UK Alien Anthology being in a snap case. Guess I got lucky then, huh.....
Joe

Joeynines

I really got a kick out of this movie. The thought of going to a theatre to catch a horror flick and being trapped inside with bloodthirsty demons, now that's what I call a night out.

Joe

Joeynines

Wasn't as great as the first but still solid in my books. Besides, you can't have one without the other, isn't that a jingle or something? For those that don't have them, pick em up, you won't regret it.

Joe

Gory Glenn

I like both of Dario's Demons movies. Classic Italian horror!

Gory Glenn

Always had a soft spot for this ultra low budget zombie movie. New Blu-ray version to be released Feb 23rd.

Joeynines

Quote from: Gory Glenn on February 08, 2016, 07:58:38 PM
I like both of Dario's Demons movies. Classic Italian horror!

What do you think of "Deep Red"? The mailman just dropped off Arrow's newest version, I'll be watching that tonight.
Joe

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Joeynines on February 08, 2016, 08:11:28 PM
What do you think of "Deep Red"? The mailman just dropped off Arrow's newest version, I'll be watching that tonight.

Haven't seen that one. Let me know how you like it.