CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Its probably terrible, but it was only $4. :angel:

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 09, 2016, 04:04:11 AM
Its probably terrible, but it was only $4. :angel:

In case there is any confusion, I'm asking about the quality of the print, sound, etc.

I think the movie is a minor gem!
CREATURE FAN

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 09, 2016, 04:22:11 AM
In case there is any confusion, I'm asking about the quality of the print, sound, etc.

I knew what you were referencing. Wasp Woman alpha dvd is murky. I am assuming this will be too. I will letcha know when I watch it. prolly tomorrow.

Memphremagog

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 09, 2016, 02:03:47 AM
Legend Of Blood Castle is great Spanish Horror from Jorge Grau. I checked on the MYA DVD and it utilizes the "clothed" version. Memph, do you know if the Sinister Cinema version has the nude scenes intact, or is the clothed alternate version?

To be truthful, I'm really not sure about the Sinister Cinema version. :)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

horrorhunter

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 09, 2016, 06:58:54 AM
To be truthful, I'm really not sure about the Sinister Cinema version. :)
Okay, thanks. Even if the SC version is the original unclothed version I doubt if the picture is much better than my homemade DVD-R copy. I really try to steer clear of that DVD-R stuff these days. I make an exception sometimes with the SC Drive-in Double Features, and some of the Cult Action releases, but that's about it.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Joeynines

So there's this guy, Buddy Cooper, he's always wanted to be in the movie biz. So over time he puts some money away and plans on enrolling in film school. Only he hears, "you can learn a hell of a lot more being on set, making a movie rather than going to any film school".
"Hey I got $86,000.00 saved, why don't I make movie". And that's just what this first time writer and director did, that movie was called "The Mutilator".
For a first timer this movie has a good back story and is done real well. It starts off slow but when the killing started I really got into it. Especially the one kill on one of the females, just you guess what he does with that infamous hook, real ballsie, I mean.....

Joe

Monsters For Sale

PANIC IN YEAR ZERO

This little gem is getting the Blu-Ray treatment.  Newly re-mastered with

1.  An Intro by director Joe Dante
2.  Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
3.  Trailers

(The same features are available in both Blu-Ray and DVD editions.)

Release date is April 19, 2016 - It is available for Pre-Order on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Panic-Year-Zero-Blu-ray-Milland/dp/B01AVMS8VO/ref=sr_1_1_twi_blu_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1457637090&sr=1-1&keywords=panic+in+year+zero
ADAM

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 09, 2016, 04:22:11 AM

Its about the same as a vhs. Maybe a little higher. its watchable. But if its a fave...get a better version. I really wish Shout or Scream Factory or someone would do Wasp Woman justice. Their Brain That Wouldnt Die release is the bomb!!!!!!!!

horrorhunter

I've found that most, if not all, of those Alpha releases of older films are of mediocre quality if not just plain crappy. They are comparable to the video quality one gets with most of the PD compilations from companies like Mill Creek.

That stated, I still collect the Alpha DVDs of the older classic (or not so classic  ;D) films, and have the vast majority of them. The Alpha releases have an important place in the history of monster movie DVDs, and the box art on some of them is very nice. I have most of my Alphas boxed up since the big compilations are much easier to store on the shelf.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 10, 2016, 07:55:00 PM
I really wish Shout or Scream Factory or someone would do Wasp Woman justice.

That's another one that's long overdue!
CREATURE FAN

Joeynines

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 10, 2016, 07:28:01 PM
PANIC IN YEAR ZERO

This little gem is getting the Blu-Ray treatment.  Newly re-mastered with

1.  An Intro by director Joe Dante
2.  Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
3.  Trailers

(The same features are available in both Blu-Ray and DVD editions.)

Release date is April 19, 2016 - It is available for Pre-Order on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Panic-Year-Zero-Blu-ray-Milland/dp/B01AVMS8VO/ref=sr_1_1_twi_blu_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1457637090&sr=1-1&keywords=panic+in+year+zero
I'm really looking forward to this, thanks. Also, hell yah "Wasp Woman" is long overdue.
Joe

horrorhunter

I missed the Pieces Blu-ray when it first came out, so I quickly searched eBay and found it for a decent price (no puzzle, but it was still factory sealed).  :)

Grindhouse Releasing has gone all out to give us the ultimate release of this grindhouse/drive-in gem. It contains 2 Blu-ray discs and a CD of the original soundtrack album remastered from the original studio tapes. The embossed slipcase is gorgeous, and the amount of special features is crazy. It has two versions of the film, commentary by Jack Taylor, special audio option- the Vine Theater Experience, interviews, feature length documentary- 42nd Street Memories, containing interviews with Sam Sherman and other exploitation icons, and many more. GR does it up right!

8)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

I never received the puzzle with mine
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 12, 2016, 07:43:13 PM
I never received the puzzle with mine
It was only available with the first few (3,000?) sold. You probably had to preorder to be sure of getting one. It's a cool item, but I'm more than happy just getting this awesome release for a good price. Amazon will have more in a few days, but they will cost $45. But, in a few years people might wish they had snagged it for 45 bucks.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...