Vintage Karloff Frankenstein Halloween cut out

Started by the_horror_man, May 29, 2014, 09:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_horror_man

Hi All,
This is the Beistle 1983 cardboard cut out Frankenstein. Probably the best likeness I have seen in a hang up halloween decoration. It has a little bit of wear, but for it's age, it is in pretty good shape. I probably should have taken the pics before I sealed it in the protective plastic bag. Anyway, here are  a couple of pics. It is life size.

thm

Darkside1

I agree, a very nice image. The red eyes make it.

Allhallowsday

Made by C.A.REED: 

The other side is a fantastic BELA LUGOSI likeness: 
If you want to view Paradise, simply look around and view it.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Allhallowsday on May 30, 2014, 12:56:42 AM
Made by C.A.REED: 

Thank you for the information. It was sold me me as a 1983 Beistle decoration. Any idea of the date it was made?

thm

Allhallowsday

Quote from: the_horror_man on May 30, 2014, 11:14:36 AM
Thank you for the information. It was sold me me as a 1983 Beistle decoration. Any idea of the date it was made?
thm
I think the date is fairly accurate.  I no longer own that package (which contained 4 diecuts, my pictures show both sides).  I don't think there was a date on it.  The barcode would indicate no earlier than the late 1970s, probably post 1980.  But not much later.  Obviously Frankenstein and Dracula were modeled on Universal Pictures images, but I don't think the set was licensed.  The other two diecuts are a generic werewolf and a skull with a snake coming out of the eye socket. 
If you want to view Paradise, simply look around and view it.

RedKing

That is really cool-I used to have one up until about 10 years ago. I used it as a Halloween decoration and it finally died. 1983 sounds about right too-the one I had was originally from my Mom and Dad when I was a young teenager, maybe 13 or 14 which would be 1984-85 or so.
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

MONSTERMOSH

The Vampire looks like a hybrid between Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee.

zombiehorror

Quote from: MONSTERMOSH on June 01, 2014, 07:14:09 PM
The Vampire looks like a hybrid between Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee.

Funny, I thought it looked like Ed Wood's dentist.

Dr.Terror

I used the Lugosi decoration every year as a kid, still have it displayed.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

ravenloft

Whoopie! I just scored these Halloween decoration die cuts for $9.98 shipped.  Now that I and my brother both have them I will post about them here because Ebayers clearly use this site it seems to gauge pricing and drive the price way up by bid wars as apparently happened with both the Dennison jointed Frankenstein and the Eureka jointed Frankenstein which are now sadly out of my price range which is ironic because it is my brother's pics that everyone uses for those jointed cutouts
made by C.A. Reed early 1980's single sided images also had a skeleton in the series

in the package All hallowsday forum member photos

Ghost forum member's photo
Eureka full body jointed cutouts including the Glenn Strange Frankenstein Dunmore, Pennsylvania late 70's

also come as just the heads of the three characters (single sided images)

Dennison jointed Karloff Frankenstein late 1970's Toyranch forum member's photo

Unknown year Peck Inc. Christopher Lee cardboard die cut that recently sold

reissued as a window cling

these 4 were  Peck inc. Bloomington Indiana 1982 flocked with recognizable likenesses of Chaney Sr. as the Phantom, Robert Quarry as Count Yorga, Oliver Reed as Curse of the werewolf and a Frankenstein my brother and I can't figure out

Unique (company) in 2006 made die cuts, as well as party supplies such as plates, napkins etc. that are officially licensed versions of the fab four UM's Ghost forum member's photo

Mord

The Karloff & Lee pieces are out of this world. The Bela one is cool, but does look like a hybrid of Bela/Lee/Ed Wood's dentist.

Dr.Terror

Here are some pics of my cutouts.   (my camera isn't very good)

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Dr.Terror on October 08, 2014, 10:27:51 PM
Here are some pics of my cutouts.

Great stuff! Is the Strange Frankie missing a foot?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Dr.Terror

No, part of him is obscured by a display case.   Not sure if it's been mentioned but the GS is based on the cover of Famous Monsters speak.