Zombie!

Started by Toy Ranch, December 07, 2007, 05:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete-I

Those are some fine zombies Andy!

Anton Phibes

I know this thread is positively ancient, and this is considered necroposting. I cannot think of a better thread to bring life back to than one about a zombie though. Does anyone know if there are any variations, tributes or anything of that nature that are available or planned for the subject of the Verne Langdon's  Zombie?

Seems a shame for the newer collectors out there not to know who he is, and have him in their respective collections in some form of representation. Especially as popular as zombies are these days.  I have been collecting for years myself....and don't have anything of this particular beast in my collection either. Although I may be getting the figure they did if the website is still active and hasn't went belly up.

EDIT: Turns out the website is vital and active, and they have some cool merchandise for sale on there.

http://www.vernelangdon.com/newthing.html

Thanks in advance to anyone wishing/willing to point anything out to me with regards to my query, it would be most appreciated.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 18, 2017, 07:41:01 PM
I know this thread is positively ancient, and this is considered necroposting. I cannot think of a better thread to bring life back to than one about a zombie though. Does anyone know if there are any variations, tributes or anything of that nature that are available or planned for the subject of the Verne Langdon's  Zombie?

Seems a shame for the newer collectors out there not to know who he is, and have him in their respective collections in some form of representation. Especially as popular as zombies are these days.  I have been collecting for years myself....and don't have anything of this particular beast in my collection either. Although I may be getting the figure they did if the website is still active and hasn't went belly up.

EDIT: Turns out the website is vital and active, and they have some cool merchandise for sale on there.

http://www.vernelangdon.com/newthing.html

Thanks in advance to anyone wishing/willing to point anything out to me with regards to my query, it would be most appreciated.
Don't know of anything new, but in my collection I have the Mann reissue mask #15/30, 1972 Creepy Annual (FN+), and the Music For Zombies CD by Verne. Here are a couple of pics off the net of the latter two mentioned items (that '72 Creepy Annual looks a little rough, maybe VG).

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Anton Phibes

I just ordered the CD...thanks! I also ordered the figure from the Langdon website, and the coa is the mag ad reproduced so thats a cool bonus..... maybe someone will do a tribute version of the mask (we all know there's only one original in existence, and I believe Crimson Ghost has it). But if someone could do something noticeably different, I would want one. Others may as well. Kind of like Ole Shock Monster.  GOT ANY PICS OF YOUR MASK YOU WANNA SHOW OFF?

the_horror_man

Definitely worth bumping this thread. There are probably a ton of old threads that deserve to be resurrected. Actually, this made me a bit sad. Almost none of the posters in this thread post anymore. Where did everybody go? :(

thm

horrorhunter

Here's a very bad pic made with my old camera (kinda looks like drunk-vision  ;D). It's displayed on my Sideshow Frankenstein Pozer.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

the_horror_man

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 18, 2017, 09:16:22 PM
Here's a very bad pic made with my old camera (kinda looks like drunk-vision  ;D). It's displayed on my Sideshow Frankenstein Pozer.

Would make a great bobble head. ;D

thm

Anton Phibes

mask is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Masksalot

Great bump, Anton Phibes!

Of course the one to have is RetroRubber's version because
Verne Langdon supervised its creation. NightOwl Productions
and Death Studios both released their own interpretations of
the character. Whether or not they're still available, I can't say.

Anton Phibes

Those are pretty cool too. Of the three shown, that Mann version is the fave. With only 30 made I may as well not try for that one though,lol. Not likely to happen. I keep hoping Trick or Treat will do a version.

The Night Owl version is sweet. Dunno if its available these days though.

Anton Phibes

I guess this is the Night Owl/ Justin Mabry tribute. Anyone know anything regarding price or availability?  i am assuming its probably the least expensive option vs. Mann,,,,and I don't think the Death Studios is for me. Too different imho. But this version is close enough to the original design to be satisfying. I like the neck bib too.

Simmon M

I dont mean to necro-bump this thread but I was curious if anyone knew how many copies Dwayne Whitehead produced of his version?

Anton Phibes

Supposedly less than 10 altogether. But if I remember the noise that got started (some controversy) there were folks claiming to have original first generation strikes that were not produced by Mr. Whitehead. There are various threads around here about this subject. One was titled something like "rotten smelly Zombie" or some such that was offered on ebay. There was also a bit of chatter on other forums. HMA maybe?

I really would like a copy of  the mask of some sort. But since I have no idea what I am doing, and don't wish to be taken advantage of, I probably will never own anything. Unless Langdon's estate decides to do another tribute of some sort, or alllow someone else to.

Anton Phibes

My bad: "rotten" was the word for one encounter from someone on ebay:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=21956.0

Addendum: in the thread above is a member named propman. He may ahve more information as to how many were produced, as he seems to be Mr. Whitehead. I make this assumption from reading the thread....but I cannot be certain. Cheers.

Anton Phibes

Another enlightening thread. Don't worry about necro-posts. The dead return to life regularly here.

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=12903.0