Addams Family appreciation thread!

Started by Hepcat, May 26, 2012, 07:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasport

Right, Lily Munster sure never moved like THAT!

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Gasport on May 22, 2013, 03:38:25 AM
Right, Lily Munster sure never moved like THAT!
If she had, I don't think Herman could have handled it.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Hepcat

Freddie Poe just came back from the spring Chiller show with this puzzle:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

freddie poe

I always loved the A.F and Chas Addams. I Have all the hardcover books but now trying to get all the toys... its was a classic 1960's "monster kid" t.v. show. And what a cast! Certainly a cast to rival the Munsters but......LURCH?? Lurch is my favorite character of either series! Bar none.............

Wolfman

I'd love to get the Uncle Fester mystery light bulb, but I think it's in the 350-400 range. A little rich for my blood.

JP

Hepcat

Quote from: freddie poe on May 01, 2015, 07:50:20 PM... but......LURCH?? Lurch is my favorite character of either series! Bar none.............

Agreed! Lurch is #1!

8)

Wolfman

Haunted hearse

Fred Gwynne did a great job making the Frankenstein Monster family friendly.  There is just something though about the quiet madness of Gomez Addams as portrayed by John Astin (with a hint of Groucho) who is my favorite head of the family.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Joeynines

Quote from: Haunted hearse on May 27, 2012, 05:33:56 PM
I'm with Bob when it comes to the Addams family.   The Addams Family is a huge part of the reason, I always wanted to live in a Victorian home, and I now live in the house seen in my avatar.  When they brought the "Addams Family" musical to Durham, NC, I made a point in seeing it.    Unlike a certain remake of a daytime soap I could mention, I really liked how they handled Charles Addams' creation.
The guy has Wednesday's tri-cycle, how cool is that. I would love to see some photos of where you have it set up in your home, a horror room perhaps.
Joe

horrorhunter

Some of my Addams Family stuff:

I caught the Thing bank in mid-grab.  :laugh:

Those little vending rings I like a lot. There's Morticia, Fester, Gomez, and Lurch...and a Morticia duplicate behind them. One can never have too much Morticia!  Zombie In Luv
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Too cool!

8)

Do you think those vending machine rings are from the sixties or the seventies?

???

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on October 26, 2018, 03:38:01 AM
Too cool!

8)

Do you think those vending machine rings are from the sixties or the seventies?

???
The originals are probably from the '60s. I'm pretty sure the light blue Fester is original but the others may actually be repops from the '80s or '90s. They all may be originals but the reason I mentioned the possibility above is due to a UMA post I spotted at some point featuring a long-time member (and I shan't name names  ;D) grousing about the colorful ones being repops. Even if they are repops I think they're pretty little gems and I'm only too glad to display them with my other coveted vending items, especially the Morticias. Also, if they are in fact repops I hardly ever see them pop up on the 'Bay these days so I don't think they're too plentiful. On the other hand they may all well be from the '60s for what I'm sure of. I am sure that I dig 'em however, and I don't give a rat's patoot if they're repopped or not.  ;)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

So evidently Milton Bradley released at least two Addams Family puzzles in 1965. There's the one Monolith posted on the first page of this thread:

And the one pictured near the top of this page that Freddie Poe has:

:)

Hepcat

Here are a couple of pics of the fabulous Ideal Addams Family board game from 1964:

Of the major board game producers from 1955-75, e.g. Milton Bradley, Transogram, Parker Bros., Hasbro, etc. Ideal was thanks to the efforts of Ralph Pereida the one that produced games with consistently the best artwork/graphics. The Addams Family game above was no exception.

8)

SWretired

Quote from: horrorhunter on August 24, 2018, 10:54:57 PM
Some of my Addams Family stuff:

I caught the Thing bank in mid-grab.  :laugh:

Those little vending rings I like a lot. There's Morticia, Fester, Gomez, and Lurch...and a Morticia duplicate behind them. One can never have too much Morticia!  Zombie In Luv

That "Thing" box is maybe the best one I've seen. Did it come with both the cardboard inserts, and the instruction sheet..?  I've bought and rebuilt over 20 of them, and have a couple real nice boxes, but not that nice.