Give Me a Gun or Somethin'! The Monster's At the Door!

Started by bigbud, July 30, 2011, 02:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbud

We are under the topic of TOYS, so what toy weapon would you pull out of the toybox if you were 9 years old and some nasty monster was breaking down your bedroom door?! Or even worse.......under your bed! Let's see some of that childhood weaponry!

I'll start off. I just used this pic in another post on comic ads...it is a Mattel M-16. No batteries involved. Pull the bolt back once and get 9 shots....long or short burst. Pull the bolt back 6 times and get a stream of over 50 continuous shots! And this sucker is LOUD! Manufactured in 1966. One false legend was that the M-16 actually used in Viet Nam was produced by Mattel. Actually the first versions of the military M-16 had plastic grips manufactured by Mattel.....and these grips had the Mattel logo on them. Complaints soon let to removal of the logo on the grips........Buddy

60sThru80s

In my mind, it was always an outer-space monster, so it took an outer-space gun to deal with. The trusty REMCO Lost in Space gun. It had a dial you could turn to project a different color light, so even if the alien was purple, he was dead meat!

(I no longer have it, so this is not my pic. Apologies to whoever I pilfered it from a few years ago)
"...just leave me something to read." - Francesca, Mad Monster Party

bigbud

60sthru80s.....Remco sure had the cool toy guns in the 60's! I love that helmet too. Good news...bad news....Good news is that particular Remco gun shows up often on the E-bay....bad news......that helmet, when it does appear, is big bucks!   Buddy

CreepysFan

Can't go wrong with an U.N.C.L.E. issued deterrent.  Great for Thrush Agents, monsters, and the occational sibling.

" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

twilitezoner

Quote from: bigbud on July 30, 2011, 02:11:59 AM
We are under the topic of TOYS, so what toy weapon would you pull out of the toybox if you were 9 years old and some nasty monster was breaking down your bedroom door?! Or even worse.......under your bed! Let's see some of that childhood weaponry!

I'll start off. I just used this pic in another post on comic ads...it is a Mattel M-16. No batteries involved. Pull the bolt back once and get 9 shots....long or short burst. Pull the bolt back 6 times and get a stream of over 50 continuous shots! And this sucker is LOUD! Manufactured in 1966. One false legend was that the M-16 actually used in Viet Nam was produced by Mattel. Actually the first versions of the military M-16 had plastic grips manufactured by Mattel.....and these grips had the Mattel logo on them. Complaints soon let to removal of the logo on the grips........Buddy

Best gun in Call of Duty :).

Inkfink

I recall having that Man from U.N.C.L.E. issued to me when I was a kid secret agent. My arsenal also consisted of Agent Zero and Johnny Eagle weaponry along with a lethal attache case. Unfortunately my Dad's trench coat was too big.

bigbud

The U N C L E gun set is so cool! And is in the same family as the James Bond 007 Attache Case. This is one of the favorites in my collection. The gun is so neat! First....and this is big for us monster killers....it shoots bullets (OK, only plastic ones). Gun has silencer, rifle barrel extension, scope attachment and shoulder rod extension. The REAL treat is the 007 case.....this baby is packed! Case has a hidden barrel for shooting through the closed case.......has a concealed slide out dagger.......and has a secret lock that explodes if case is opened by spies! There's a secret message code book that is also booby trapped! Plus a wallet with international passport, currency, and secret agent calling cards......What monster wouldn't cringe if Junior got one of these for Christmas!   Buddy

Scary Terry

Had that 007 case -- but no box.  Just sold it before moving to MO.
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

MDG

I had both the UNCLE and 007 cases as a kid--all I still have is the "passport" that came w/ the UNCLE set.

That year, the two other things I really wanted (I think I was 7) was a sport jacket w/ an inside pocket where i could keep my gun(which my mother got for me), and a metal cigarette case I could "use" as a two-way radio (from my uncle Dominic).
MDG

bigbud

QuoteHad that 007 case -- but no box.  Just sold it before moving to MO.

Not good Terry.  You need all the weaponry you can lay hands on......lots of those rascally Missouri Tigers around these parts.....Buddy

CreepysFan

That 007 Bond set is freakin awesome, bigbud.  The case even has secret buttons and dagger like Bond used in " From Russia With Love" movie.   Excuse me while I wipe the drool away.   Killer set man, adding that to my wish list.  ;D
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

bigbud

Yea Creepysfan, it would have been every kid's dream for Christmas, birthday, or any occasion. The box is large and the toy has so many pieces and actions, PLUS it shoots! That was big with me as a kid.......Buddy

RICKH

I had both the Man from U.N.C.L.E. set and the Bond attache case when I was a kid.  I preferred the UNCLE gun to the Bond because it had an actual removable clip.  I thought that was really nifty.  I loved the attache case because of the hidden knife and the fact that the case fired a bullet.  When my friends came over between these two items and my Topper Secret Sam spy gear we were well equipped for any assignment Q or Mr. Waverly gave us.
BTW, my weapons of choice were the Mattel camo tommy gun and the snub nose .38 with shoulder holster.  I still have the .38 and holster, but the tommy gun is long gone.
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)