Whats the last song you listened to today??

Started by Dr.Teufel Geist, June 22, 2009, 06:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

I cannot wait for that new Beatles "mono" set to come out in September.

Gasport

Bogey,
           I know notihng of the mono set you refer to...i do know Lennon always preferred the mono mixes to the stereo. Does this have something to do w/that?? BTW, i recently dragged my family to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame annex Lennon exhibit in NYC and highly recommend it to any Beatles fans. Many iconic Lennon artifacts are on hand including the NY white sleeveless T shirt and bronze #1 belt buckle he wore in the famous Bob Gruen photo, along w/the black upright piano which sat right next to his bed in the Dakota replete with cigarette burns on the lid edges from when he'd jump out of bed to play an idea he just had while chain smoking. The most disturbing piece is the still sealed paper bag in an alcove at the end of the exhibit which contains the clothes he was wearing when assassinated. It's taped shut with the words; ''Patients Belongings'' scribbled in ball point pen on the surface...chilling.

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Bogey

Quote from: Gasport on July 28, 2009, 11:28:50 PM
Bogey,
           I know notihng of the mono set you refer to...i do know Lennon always preferred the mono mixes to the stereo. Does this have something to do w/that??

Here you go:

http://www.musicbyday.com/the-beatles-mono-box-set/490/

The price is pretty steep......hopefully they release them in a less than fancy format.  I just want the recordings, not more box art.

BaronLatos35

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Dr.Teufel Geist

Street Worm

Gillman-Fan

Dr.Teufel Geist

BaronLatos35

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Gasport

Bogey

Bach
Matthäus Passion
Karl Richter/Munich Bach Orchestra/Munich Bach Choir/Regensburg Cathedral Choir
Archiv
Recorded in 1979

Punkrockbillyjack13

"Creeper is a lowrider" from Manic Hispanic, at this very moment.

It's a very happy song too!

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html