New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 12:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 03, 2020, 03:01:22 AM

Tattoo, 1981 - BLU-Ray - Scream Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  July 14, 2020

Bruce Dern and Maud Adams.

A tattoo artist becomes obsessed with what he thinks is the perfect "canvas" for his artistry.

A twisted tale that has been unavailable for a long time.  Didn't think it would ever get released again during this era of the "me too" movement.  (Bet this one draws a few critical protests.)

Too early for extras.

Just received an e-mail about this title:

"Hi everyone,

We regret to inform you that we will be canceling the physical and digital release for Tattoo.

It was recently discovered that we are unable to locate useable film elements to make the HD transfer, thus our decision to cancel the project. We will not be able to give you a great looking product and being fans, like you, we always want to deliver the best possible viewing experience.

Your pre-order will be refunded automatically - no need for you to do anything. If you ordered multiple titles, we have only canceled the Tattoo title from your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any questions."

Bummer.

I really wanted to get this oddball.  At least I got to see it in a little arthouse theater down by the beach when it was fairly new.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

DAY THE WORLD ENDED

Amazon has recently added this title back to their pre-order items, even though it STILL does not appear on Shout's site.

I sent this message to Shout:

The BLU-Ray of this movie was announced last December and initially had an estimated release date sometime in March, 2020. Then, it was moved up for a June release, and lastly given a release date of August 18, 2020. Sometime before the June date, it was listed on Amazon as a pre-order item. Then Amazon took the film off its site and no longer lets related sites link to the item IT HAS NEVER APPEARED ON THE SHOUT/SCREAM SITE. So what's the story? Are we EVER gonna get this film from you? And if so, WHEN? Thanks. Adam P.S. Love your product in the classic horror/sci-fi genre. Have bought many and hope to be able to buy many more.

I just got back this reply:

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your interest. We do not have anything to announce regarding this title, and it is not currently on our release schedule.

Best,
Shout

ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 29, 2020, 05:13:30 PM
Thank you for your interest. We do not have anything to announce regarding this title, and it is not currently on our release schedule.

Or, "DAY THE WORLD ENDED? Is that a movie, or something?"
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Mike Scott

You did see the "Or," and the "quotes", didn't you?
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 29, 2020, 07:13:23 PM
You did see the "Or," and the "quotes", didn't you? 

Unhuh.  And...?
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 29, 2020, 07:17:48 PM
Unhuh.  And...?

Then I don't know why you posted that pic as a response to my post? It looked like you were saying "Yes, there is such a movie and here it is." Sometimes a 1,000 words is worth more than a picture.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Welcome, new blood.

ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 29, 2020, 10:42:52 PM
He was a spammer.  :P

Bummer. 

Thanks for keeping our site safe.
ADAM

Mike...In 3-D!

It looks like the Vestron Video Collector's Series is back from the dead with two new releases:

While I haven't loved every movie in the series, I'm glad to see the line isn't dead. There are still a few gems that I'm hoping they release.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on June 30, 2020, 07:45:10 AM
It looks like the Vestron Video Collector's Series is back from the dead with two new releases:

While I haven't loved every movie in the series, I'm glad to see the line isn't dead. There are still a few gems that I'm hoping they release.

I totally dig David Cronenberg's Shivers( They Came from Within)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on July 13, 2020, 12:47:18 PM
Scream Factory is doing a Friday the 13th set.... 

I think I saw the first 3 - That was plenty for me.

But, that is a great set for any real fans of the franchise.  Thirteen BLU-Rays and a booklet for just $160.00.  Just $12.30 per movie.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 13, 2020, 12:57:10 PM
I think I saw the first 3 - That was plenty for me.

I've never seen any of them and that was too much!  ;D
CREATURE FAN