PlaidStallion's Toy-Ventures Magazine

Started by Palifan, June 17, 2020, 04:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palifan

I thought it was worth mentioning this amazing looking 1st issue that's up on Indiegogo right now from pilaidstallions Brian Heiler. Brian is a major player in the world of Mego and KO vintage toys and published an amazing book a few years ago about cheap Rack Toys that was filled with really fantastic items. This first issue looks to have a really comprehensive guide to the AHI monsters as well as some other really interesting looking articles so if you're interested in something like this then check out the link and maybe get involved ( I most certainly have!).

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/plaidstallion-s-toy-ventures-magazine#/

It looks like it's pretty much already funded after only being live for a few hours so this will definitely happen and I can't wait to have a read of it.

Ian

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BigShadow

Just donated.  Looks like a super cool magazine.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

Palifan

This campaign is doing really well so far and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy as Brian, who has put this together, does so much for these types of vintage toys and always puts great vids out each week on youtube.

Should be a fun read  ;D

Ian

marsattacks666

Quote from: Palifan on June 18, 2020, 02:18:54 AM
This campaign is doing really well so far and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy as Brian, who has put this together, does so much for these types of vintage toys and always puts great vids out each week on youtube.

Should be a fun read  ;D

Ian

I really dig Toy Ventures channel. So many unique toys.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Quote from: Palifan on June 17, 2020, 04:15:09 PMI thought it was worth mentioning this amazing looking 1st issue that's up on Indiegogo right now from pilaidstallions Brian Heiler. Brian is a major player in the world of Mego and KO vintage toys and published an amazing book a few years ago about cheap Rack Toys that was filled with really fantastic items.

Cool!

8)

Has Brian ever posted on UMA?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

BigShadow

Quote from: Hepcat on June 18, 2020, 10:02:08 PM
Cool!

8)

Has Brian ever posted on UMA?

???

Just sent him an e-mail inviting him to the site.

PlaidStallionsGuy

Hi! Thanks for the invitation and the kind words, really appreciate it.

I'd have jumped on sooner but this publication is currently eating all my free time.

That being said I do have a couple of gaps in the AHI monsters section of the publication and well, this seems like the place.

if you collect carded AHI monsters and can take a photo please, please drop me a line. I'll post my "wish list" of items I'm looking for shortly.

Cheers!
Brian

Mike Scott

Welcome to the UMA, Brian!  :)

Check out the photo albums. Maybe you'll find what you're looking for?
http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?action=media
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Brian. Welcome to the UMA. Your YouTube channel is great.

BigShadow

PlaidStallionsGuy

Hey, thanks for the kind welcomes, most appreciated.

I love the suggestion of the picture section here but they're a bit too low resolution for publication. I hope tomorrow to print a list of "gaps" in the article, for now I'm working on photographing a Mr. Spock Bop Bag.

PlaidStallionsGuy

Hey Everybody, if you collect AHI Super Monsters and have any of the following and would be willing to send me a photograph, I'd really appreciate it:

Carded WFSM Assortment 6126 with White Official in the header.
Mummy
Wolfman

Kresge Carded WFSM
Wolfman
Creature
Frankenstein

Loose Painted Hands figures:
Wolfman
Mummy

Thank you for looking!

marsattacks666

Quote from: PlaidStallionsGuy on July 04, 2020, 01:37:21 PM
Hey Everybody, if you collect AHI Super Monsters and have any of the following and would be willing to send me a photograph, I'd really appreciate it:

Carded WFSM Assortment 6126 with White Official in the header.
Mummy
Wolfman

Kresge Carded WFSM
Wolfman
Creature
Frankenstein

Loose Painted Hands figures:
Wolfman
Mummy

Thank you for looking!

I have loose AHI, but does not fit your criteria.