Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monolith

These postcards are both from the one in San Francisco.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Monolith on September 04, 2018, 12:46:32 AM
These postcards are both from the one in San Francisco.
Thanks for the info, and I really appreciate you posting these, Monolith.

It seems the only memorabilia available from The Museum Of Witchcraft And Magic (later World Of The Unexplained) are postcards and the souvenir booklets, and all are scarce in the marketplace. I've kept an eye on eBay for the stuff for awhile and the only things that come up are postcards from the Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco museum, and even those very seldom surface. I've seen no listings whatsoever for items from the one in Gatlinburg, TN. I guess most people who own them enjoyed the place(s) very much, like I did, and are loathe to let go. Funny how much personal value a simple thing like a $1 souvenir booklet can gain. It's another case of "if I sell it I'll probably never be able to find another".
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monolith

The two postcards from the SF museum are the only two items I think I've ever seen from the Witchcraft museums.

Here's something I found at a flea market that is rare and unusual. It's a coloring book based on the Gold Key comic book of the same title. It's unusual that a coloring book was made from characters that were just from a comic, with no other tie-ins like tv shows or toys...

The Little Monsters Coloring Book ( Watkins-Strathmore 1966 ) by donald deveau, on Flickr

horrorhunter

A couple of my old monster coloring books:

The Kong figure is flocked on the front cover of that one. It's seen some wear and has a few colored pages. That one was an eBay purchase. The Gwangi is in nice condition for a coloring book, in the VF range except for 1 neatly colored page. Kid-me bought the Gwangi book new back in that day we commonly reference.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

My Voodoo Lounge Figures by artist Gary Wray:

I used one of Gary's creations for the idol of Agrezelh in my Ancient Dark God Playset.

Yeah, some of us are all about the weird;D

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monolith

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 04, 2018, 05:10:47 PM
A couple of my old monster coloring books:

The Kong figure is flocked on the front cover of that one. It's seen some wear and has a few colored pages. That one was an eBay purchase. The Gwangi is in nice condition for a coloring book, in the VF range except for 1 neatly colored page. Kid-me bought the Gwangi book new back in that day we commonly reference.

Love those two coloring books. I have both of them, too. I also have this Japanese coloring book based on the King Kong cartoons...

King Kong Show Coloring Book ( Whitman 1971 ) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Monolith

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 05, 2018, 04:28:41 PM
Incredible, Monolith

Thanks. Here's another postcard I have that I got at the Movieland Wax Museum when I went there in the 1970's. I have a Frankenstein postcard, also.

Bela Lugosi Postcard From The Movieland Wax Museum 1970's by donald deveau, on Flickr

Mike Scott

That's some elaborate set-up to just show off a couple of wax figures!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monolith

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 06, 2018, 01:14:48 AM
That's some elaborate set-up to just show off a couple of wax figures!

It is elaborate. Here's the Frankenstein postcard that I got when I went there in the 1970's, too. I also have postcards from the Movieland Wax Museum of the Marx Bros, Nancy Sinatra, and Brigette Bardot. If you want to see any of them just let me know.

Boris Karloff Postcard From The Movieland Wax Museum 1970's by donald deveau, on Flickr

Jimi Bat

That Drac postcard looks like Lugosi with Veronica Carlson as the victim. Interesting combo.

Wicked Lester

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 05, 2018, 04:28:41 PM
Incredible, Monolith

You Do know you are damned to hell for this don't you. And whatever you do,absolutely DO NOT say the name of a higher demon aloud.
For instance if you were to at a loud voice yell out loud BELIAL, BELIAL,BELIAL. Then you are so screwed. He will make bad things happen ALL the time and make your life filled with misery.
To put it into laymans terms,Belial is like a 4 star general for the prince of lies and grand deceiver.
If you still decide to go this route then make SURE you do so in a circle of salt. Last evening I was checking out of the local grocery store when I saw a middle aged man behind me put down 2 1# containers of salt. Jokingly I asked him what he was going to with all that salt,maybe to stop a haunting  ;D He looked at me very seriously for close to a minute then just replied with a heavy Eastern European accent. PRO-TECTION!
:o K ,now I'm Scared. Guess I'll be looking over my shoulder for awhile.

Hepcat

Quote from: Monolith on September 06, 2018, 01:54:42 PMI also have postcards from the Movieland Wax Museum of the Marx Bros, Nancy Sinatra, and Brigette Bardot. If you want to see any of them just let me know.

I want to see Nancy Sinatra and especially Brigitte Bardot!

:)

Collecting! It's what I do!

Monolith