Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on February 07, 2017, 01:25:13 PM
There was evidently a warehouse find of these sharpeners in the early nineties but the find did not include any Frankenstein sharpeners so that the Frank sharpeners are now the toughest to find. Orange, green and purple are the most common colours with grey a distant fourth. White ones can also be found but only if a person is very fortunate. The actual sharpener inserts come in many colours including red, yellow, green, blue and white.

8)
I love the sharpeners but I drew the line at Frank. You can get the other three in a variety of colors for $10-$15 each and a Frankenstein seems to cost $400 or more! That difference makes me pass on the Frank. I could afford one but I can put hundreds of bucks toward something else I want a lot more. There's no right or wrong in collecting, it just boils down to personal taste and available greenbacks. That's just my choice about my collection.

I do have duplicates of the other three in the main colors. I have the Mummy in different shades of green but it's scarce in colors other than green. Still looking to get lucky on a cheap Frank, but if I go to my grave without owning one it won't kill me (since I'll already be dead ;)).

cl:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on February 07, 2017, 01:25:13 PM
The pencil sharpeners are placed inside four different heads - Frankenstein, the Mummy, Wolf Man and Etta the Ghoul.

Who the What? Why didn't they do the Creature?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 07, 2017, 01:39:54 PMI do have duplicates of the other three in the main colors. I have the Mummy in different shades of green but it's scarce in colors other than green.

I think only green Mummy sharpeners were included in the warehouse find. Carded specimens of the Mummy sharpener in colours other than green certainly exist:

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on February 07, 2017, 02:38:07 PMWhy didn't they do the Creature?

I'd say it's because they were philistines with no taste.

ededed

Wich2

horrorhunter

Here's a pic of mine with some of my blow mold stuff:

I've since added a purple Wolfman.

The real head scratcher is Why Etta The Ghoul instead of something like oh I don't know... THE FRICKIN' CREATURE!?  :o  ???  ???  ???  ::)

Etta looks cool and all but Gee Whiz! (and other kid expletives).

Quote from: Mike Scott on February 07, 2017, 02:38:07 PM
Who the What? Why didn't they do the Creature?
Exactly? ? ? ? ?
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Here are scans of a couple of my pre-code Harvey horror comics:

hmjfym

Palifan

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 07, 2017, 05:24:14 PM
Here's a pic of mine with some of my blow mold stuff:

I've since added a purple Wolfman.

The real head scratcher is Why Etta The Ghoul instead of something like oh I don't know... THE FRICKIN' CREATURE!?  :o  ???  ???  ???  ::)

Etta looks cool and all but Gee Whiz! (and other kid expletives).
Exactly? ? ? ? ?

I don't think I've ever seen a pale blue sharpener, is that one rare and maybe a faded colour one?

horrorhunter

Quote from: Palifan on February 08, 2017, 10:57:26 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a pale blue sharpener, is that one rare and maybe a faded colour one?
It's gray. It seems to be a little less common than orange, green, and purple, but it isn't really scarce like white.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Palifan

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 09, 2017, 12:24:54 AM
It's gray. It seems to be a little less common than orange, green, and purple, but it isn't really scarce like white.

Ah, so it's grey! I've never seen one for sale (like the white one), and looks pretty cool. I never knew about these sharpeners until I joined this forum so it's been nice to learn all about them.

Ian

Hepcat

This wild Weird-Ohs/Silly Surfers LP with great sleeve art on both the front and back was released in 1964:

8)

Hepcat

Here's a picture of the original Monster Candy Cigarettes from the collection of Poseablemonster:

8)

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on February 10, 2017, 09:40:26 AM
Here's a picture of the original Monster Candy Cigarettes

I wonder how much I'd have to pay for one of those Creatures?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat