Mezco Frankenstein pre-order

Started by Palifan, April 06, 2016, 09:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mord on July 15, 2016, 04:20:31 PM
I think that a lot of us feel this way. Who are the 2 extra in your "big 6"? Mine would be The Bride and the Invisible Man.

Frankie, Drac, Creech, Wolfie, Mummy, Phantom, Invisible Man, and Bride.   ededed

MrDark1

I am very surprised this has Sold Out on Mezco's site Already!!  That was Fast!
Glad it is doing so well, gives hope for more Monsters to Come in this line.

Is that it on the Mezco site for sales of this figure?  Or will they have more available for sale when it is released?
What other sites have this for pre-order, that you like, and are trusted sellers?

Hope they make Karloff from Bride, & Son  and I would love to see the Strange Monster!
Lugosi, and Chaney Jr as the Monster too-if they continue to make these as film accurate as possible!
Elsa as Bride, Chaney Phantom, Lugosi Dracula (yea, now I'm dreaming!), Chaney Jr Mummy...
Any and All as this line is Exciting and Cool!!

Mord

The one that sold out is the black and white version.  You can still order the color one ( which is what most people collect anyway).

Palifan

Quote from: MrDark1 on July 16, 2016, 12:40:09 PM
I am very surprised this has Sold Out on Mezco's site Already!!  That was Fast!
Glad it is doing so well, gives hope for more Monsters to Come in this line.

Is that it on the Mezco site for sales of this figure?  Or will they have more available for sale when it is released?
What other sites have this for pre-order, that you like, and are trusted sellers?

Hope they make Karloff from Bride, & Son  and I would love to see the Strange Monster!
Lugosi, and Chaney Jr as the Monster too-if they continue to make these as film accurate as possible!
Elsa as Bride, Chaney Phantom, Lugosi Dracula (yea, now I'm dreaming!), Chaney Jr Mummy...
Any and All as this line is Exciting and Cool!!

They still have the B&W version at Entertainment Earth and you might also still be able to get it at Big Bad Toys. There's still time to pick one up if you're after one although that will be it from Mezco directly as they don't seem to ever restock once an item is sold out.

Big Bad Wolf

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 15, 2016, 01:11:57 PM
I think that "color" Frankie is just a pee poor quickie photoshopped thing.
It is.

Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

Mord

If that is the case, why don't they post photos of the actual piece? After all,  they are asking $80  for a 6" figure. The  black and white one sold out on the strength of those beautiful pictures. The color pics just don't cut it.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on July 17, 2016, 07:42:58 PM
If that is the case, why don't they post photos of the actual piece? After all,  they are asking $80  for a 6" figure. The  black and white one sold out on the strength of those beautiful pictures. The color pics just don't cut it.

I agree. Also, why have we not seen any packaging pics? I would only be interested in the black and white version. I was on the fence with this figure. Actually thought about passing on it. However, I thought maybe it's best to not take a chance of changing my mind and having to pay a lot more, so I ordered it.

thm

Mord

Why would you even be on the fence with this?  It may well be THE very best Karloff action figure ever (don't say BilliIKen,  that was a kit).

horrorhunter

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 15, 2016, 12:38:26 PM
Me, too.

$80 just seems like too much.
And you're the Frankenstein guy.

I agree BTW. 80 bucks for a 6" figure is excessive IMO. Not only is it very small, it doesn't match the scale of any of my other figures. I'm not worried about paying more on the aftermarket because I think the initial price is too much. $50 at this scale would be about my limit, even for something which seems to look this nice (we still haven't seen pics of the packaging  ???). Pass.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on July 17, 2016, 08:08:48 PM
Why would you even be on the fence with this?  It may well be THE very best Karloff action figure ever (don't say BilliIKen,  that was a kit).

At first, I was absolutely planning on buying it. Then as time went on, I was like maybe I'll pass. I don't really know why. The Karloff Frankenstein is my all time favorite Monster. Anyway, I did end up ordering it.

thm

Mord

Yeah, price is one reason I stopped buying DD figures  (at least Mezco get  the Karloff likeness right).

Mord

Quote from: the_horror_man on July 17, 2016, 09:52:06 PM
At first, I was absolutely planning on buying it. Then as time went on, I was like, maybe I'll pass. I don't really know why. The Karloff Frankenstein is my all time favorite Monster. Anyway, I did end up ordering it.

thm
I think it's an exciting new line. The size is part of the appeal. There are so many possibilities with this scale. This line is known for coming up with incredible diorama pieces. Imagine a lab set with loads of equipment? I firmly believe that the quality justifies the price (the silver screen one is already sold out, so I guess others agree). Hey, it's a better investment than re-buying every re-release of every movie on DVD or Blu-ray .

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on July 17, 2016, 10:12:34 PM
I think it's an exciting new line. The size is part of the appeal. There are so many possibilities with this scale. This line is known for coming up with incredible diorama pieces. Imagine a lab set with loads of equipment? I firmly believe that the quality justifies the price (the silver screen one is already sold out, so I guess others agree). Hey, it's a better investment than re-buying every re-release of every movie on DVD or Blu-ray .

I agree. I read it will have window panel packaging. Hopefully there will be a nice view of the figure. Also, lets hope that we get figures with good paint jobs and the heads are looking forward and not off to the side. ;D

thm

Mord

Quote from: the_horror_man on July 17, 2016, 11:00:32 PM
I agree. I read it will have window panel packaging. Hopefully there will be a nice view of the figure. Also, lets hope that we get figures with good paint jobs and the heads are looking forward and not off to the side. ;D

thm
I think that the packaging is "collector friendly ". I'm pretty sure you can take them out without damaging the box (like DD figures).

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on July 17, 2016, 11:07:48 PM
I think that the packaging is "collector friendly ". I'm pretty sure you can take them out without damaging the box (like DD figures).

That's good, but you and I know, the figure will never leave the box. ;D

thm