The Drunken Severed Head

Quote from: poseablemonster on December 04, 2007, 07:56:26 PM
Jane,
I really like your Peter Lorre! 
Andy

Hey! My wife's all woman, fella!

poseablemonster

Inkfink

Just want to say thanks for diggin' my artwork and I enjoyed seeng Jane's, Meek's and Mike's work as well!!! Looking forward to seeing more!

Penny Dreadful

Beautiful artwork everyone.  I'd love to see more.  Please keep 'em coming. 

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Horror hostess
http://www.shillingshockers.com

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
Dark Shadows podcast
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com

Illoman

Quote from: Penny Dreadful on December 07, 2007, 04:12:04 PM
Beautiful artwork everyone.  I'd love to see more.  Please keep 'em coming. 

Well, this one isn't a monster, but when he got a hold of his one bullet... all bet's are off!! I actually started this one last year for a friend of mine as a Christmas gift, but either ran out of time or just soured on it. I'm glad it's done, and he'll be quite surprised, I hope!

Mike

Meek

There once was a Deputy named Fife,
   Who owned a gun and a knife.
   The gun was rusty
   And the knife was dusty
   Because he never caught a crook in his life.

"Meek"(whatever you do, don't touch the doilies)
"I am like a Unicorn in a racing stable. Beast doesn't fit."   T.E.Lawrence

Scary Terry

LOVE the Don Knotts painting!
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Illoman

Quote from: Scary Terry on December 18, 2007, 11:09:13 AM
LOVE the Don Knotts painting!

Thanks, Terry. I appreciate it!

Mike

fmofmpls

Add this Terry to that appreciation list too! Incredible work Mike!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Illoman

Quote from: fmofmpls on December 18, 2007, 10:31:07 PM
Add this Terry to that appreciation list too! Incredible work Mike!

Thanks, Terry. This was done for a very good friend of mine. He always finds me unusual stuff for my birthday and Christmas. One year he gave me a 1935 TravLer radio!!! It worked and was in excellent condition!

Mike

MonsterArt

Hi folks!

This is my first post here on the UMA boards. I've heard so much about you folks I figured it was time to sign up. I'm already enjoying the artwork posted here. Great stuff! Seeing original artwork based on the classic monsters just warms my heart. I know that I started doing it as a love letter to those characters and the actors who played them, and now it's become a career!

Draw on, good people of the UMA!

Frank Dietz

Illoman

Quote from: MonsterArt on December 19, 2007, 03:58:59 PM
Hi folks!

This is my first post here on the UMA boards. I've heard so much about you folks I figured it was time to sign up. I'm already enjoying the artwork posted here. Great stuff! Seeing original artwork based on the classic monsters just warms my heart. I know that I started doing it as a love letter to those characters and the actors who played them, and now it's become a career!

Draw on, good people of the UMA!

Frank Dietz

Frank, go ahead and post some of your art. I'd like to see some of your work!

Mike

MonsterArt

Thanks Mike,

I guess a little more introduction would be in order here. Many of you may know my work from the CHFB or from my convention appearances.

Here's it in a nutshell:

I am a former Disney Feature Animator who loves classic monsters. I created the "Sketchy Things" series of sketchbooks in 1999 and have published seven volumes to date. I'm best known for the caricature work, like this:

and this:

But later moved into finer art, such as oil painting and watercolor:

Had a Gallery Show in 2006:

And was honored to receive the first "Artist Of The Year" Rondo Award this year.

I mostly make my living as "Monster Artist," which is okay by me! There have been literally thousands of pieces of art created over the years, so I couldn't possibly share enough of it here. There's quite a lot of it on my website if you want to see more. I'll post the newer stuff here, though.

And I look forward to seeing lots of other artist's work!

Frank

Illoman

Y'know Frank, I thought your name looked familiar, but I just couldn't place it. Now I know I've seen your work before. Very nice!! Please post more, as well as your web address.

Are the caricatures charcoal or pencil? I like the tone work.

Mike

Meek

Frank: No doubt you took the scenic route to the UMA?
   I have a few of your "Things Are Sketchy" books purchased at the Bash a few years ago---not only do I like your work but I like your sense of humor(delightfully graveyard, kiddies).
   I have nothing new to show--wrong season and I'm doing mercenary holiday painting to make my paycheck last longer, though my last Father Christmas came out looking a lot like O.P.Heggie . . .
   "Ghastly Greetings" will be back come St. Valentine's Day--Gwynplaine has been whispering to me of late, maybe he'll be my Valentine in 2008.

"Meek"(poet and don't even know it)
"I am like a Unicorn in a racing stable. Beast doesn't fit."   T.E.Lawrence