STAR TREK..To Boldly Go Where No Monster Has Gone Before!

Started by bigbud, March 30, 2011, 01:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therin of Andor

Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

bigbud

Seen Walter at several comic conventions......very accessible and very intelligent fella.......Buddy

monsterphile

Quote from: charp13 on March 30, 2011, 03:56:33 AM
Oh lord- monsterphile- I have to see your starships!!  Did you get the Christopher Pike ornament from Hallmark that beeps?

In opposite order--  No, I didn't get the Pike ornament, although I do have a good number of the Trek figure ornaments.   As for the Starships, I missed the first year original Enterprise Hallmark ornament (the one that commands a high price these days).  At the time, the store only had the display one, and back then the clerk wouldn't sell the display one.  Here is a shot of my ceiling with a string of white Xmas lights and some of ornaments plugged into it.

Deep Space Nie (with the Trek mini ships docked) and the Enterprise from the "Enterprise" series (this one doesn't plug in.

Off the wire the Enterprise 1701A (from one of the movies as I recall) (also a newer STAR WARS  Naboo(?) fighter
On the wire: Enterprise 1701E from a lter movie, the Defiant from ST:DS9, the Voyager form that series, Enterprise from ST:TNG

Rob

Klingon Bird of Prey, Romulan Warbird, Borg cube

Therin of Andor

The Penetrator by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

"To boldly glow where no one's gone before!" The Penetrator: a glow-in-the-dark novelty condom featuring the USS Enterprise of "Star Trek". The box say it's made in England for Gasworks Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA.
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Gasport

Good thread title, because the majority of the attendees at the Sci/Fi [heavy on the Trekkie side] convention near me would have NO IDEA what to do with this!  :o

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Therin of Andor on April 11, 2011, 10:49:39 AM

The Penetrator by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

"To boldly glow where no one's gone before!" The Penetrator: a glow-in-the-dark novelty condom featuring the USS Enterprise of "Star Trek". The box say it's made in England for Gasworks Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA.

Would the "where no one's gone before" mean that the device is intended for violating virgins, or the wearer having intimate relations being an unheard of event?
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Gillfan

Monsterphile- I'm intruiged by the brain in the sphere, can you tell me more about it?

Therin of Andor

Quote from: Gillfan on April 12, 2011, 03:14:47 AM
Monsterphile- I'm intruiged by the brain in the sphere, can you tell me more about it?

Well, he could, but then he'd have to... kill you.  >:D
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Therin of Andor

Glommer awaits by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

The glommer, a prototype genetically-engineered tribble predator created by Klingons ("More Tribbles, More Troubles" episode of Filmation's Star Trek: The Animated Series), stalks a group of tribbles. The brown tribble (left) is a genuine TV prop and once appeared onscreen in the live-action "The Trouble With Tribbles".

Star Trek set passes by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Left: Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG) set pass #29

Right: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (TMP) set pass #12.
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

monsterphile

Quote from: Gillfan on April 12, 2011, 03:14:47 AM

The brain itself is just one of those things they sold around Halloween.  The display globe is something I got at a yard sale that originally probably had dried flowers or something like that in it.  Then, I just substituted the rubber brain for dried flowers.  A lot of times you can get domes very cheaply like that, especially if the display item is messed up (broken butteefly wings or flowers).  I just want the dome and base for "specimens".

Rob

Scatter

Quote from: monsterphile on April 12, 2011, 11:53:40 AM
The brain itself is just one of those things they sold around Halloween.  The display globe is something I got at a yard sale that originally probably had dried flowers or something like that in it.  Then, I just substituted dried flowers for brains.  A lot of times you can get domes very cheaply like that, especially if the display item is messed up (broken butteefly wings or flowers).  I just want the dome and base for "specimens".

Rob

You're a sick,sick man. I admire that.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

bigbud

Aw! Just caught a re-run of that Next Generation episode I mentioned before......The Survivors. I had forgotten that the song in Troi's head had originated as  the sound from a musicbox Data had found facinating while visiting the one home left from the nuclear devastation on the planet. Also, the powerful being revealed at the end was called a Doud.  Still a special episode with me.   Buddy

CreepysFan

Quote from: Scatter on April 15, 2011, 01:18:29 AM
You're a sick,sick man. I admire that.

Rob, that Brain Globe is pure art man.  Don't let any rabid monkeys tell you different.  Pure creative genius, wish I thought of it.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Scatter

Quote from: CreepysFan on April 15, 2011, 06:44:23 AM

Rob, that Brain Globe is pure art man.  Don't let any rabid monkeys tell you different.  Pure creative genius, wish I thought of it.

Hey, I'm agreeing with ya!! I like sick!! After all, YOU'RE my friend.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

ramsey37

I finally remembered to take a pic of my favorite Star Trek piece:

This is the 1979 Mr. Spock liquor decanter done for "Star Trek: The Motion Picture". It's in excellent original condition. I've already told my daughter that when I shuffle off this mortal coil, I want to be cremated and have my ashes placed in this decanter. I promised to haunt her if she didn't do it ;)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.