Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 03:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt.hendry51

Christopher Lee as Frankenstein, if you please.  I wish I had your skill MonsterArt. 
"An intellectual carrot,the mind boggles!"

MonsterArt

QuoteChristopher Lee as Frankenstein, if you please.

Ahhhh, you'll have to wait for that one, Capt. It'll be on the back cover of an upcoming issue of LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS magazine...in color yet!

Frank

Meek

Frank: I have a very soft spot(in my head) for Dwight Frye; a little Fritz or Renfield would be nice . . .

"Meek"(walk this way)
"I am like a Unicorn in a racing stable. Beast doesn't fit."   T.E.Lawrence

capt.hendry51

Thanks for the heads up Frank, I'll keep an eye out for it  :) :)
"An intellectual carrot,the mind boggles!"

Meek

In celebration of little men with crooked backs I've decided to share Fritz with you today; he stands framed on one of my bookshelves, so I see him everyday and tend to forget he's there. Fritz watches over me as I paint and this last week he's been seeing a lot of Shakespeare(who wrote one ripper of a play about a crookback).
   I like this image; for me it speaks volumes about the character of Fritz most of which was being fearful.

"Meek"

michblk

Meek, did you draw that or is that a photo?  You do such a great job, I have a hard time telling the difference.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Meek

Brian: This is a watercolor on parchment paper 8x10 in size. I'd have to look on the original to see the date it was painted---hid my signature in part of a shadow---makes people look more closely.

"Meek"

MonsterArt

It still amazes me that Linda's stuff is done in watercolor! It really does look like a photo from only a short distance away. Beautiful work!

Frank

michblk

Quote from: Meek on May 15, 2008, 10:40:14 AM
  Brian: This is a watercolor on parchment paper 8x10 in size. I'd have to look on the original to see the date it was painted---hid my signature in part of a shadow---makes people look more closely.

"Meek"
Wow Linda, that is an amazing piece!

BK

I did look for your sig, but couldn't find it.  I know my eyes are getting worse as I get older.
Bill Murray - Stripes

Meek

Brian: Try looking close to Fritz's left foot; my signature runs along with the grain of the wooden floor. I forgot to look at the date on the painting at home but think it is 2001--or maybe 2004(my eyesight ain't so hot either).

Thanks for the compliment Frank--it doth make my Ego purrrrrrr.

I just heard this past Saturday that my former Art Instructor from college, the one who told me I couldn't paint with watercolors this way, died sometime in December. I never did cotten to the man but I suppose his making me angry was a way of motivating me to do better, so thank you Mr. Williams(aka "Dickie Bird") for pissing me off in Art Class almost 30 years ago. He had a most annoying habit of coming up behind you while you were painting in class, snatch the paintbrush from your fingers and say "May I play?" and proceed to dab around on your work--plus he was far-sighted and could not see close-up. I finally barricaded myself into a corner with desks surrounding my easel so he couldn't sneak up behind me.

"Meek"

Illoman

Quote from: Meek on May 15, 2008, 05:52:39 PM
He had a most annoying habit of coming up behind you while you were painting in class, snatch the paintbrush from your fingers and say "May I play?" and proceed to dab around on your work--plus he was far-sighted and could not see close-up. I finally barricaded myself into a corner with desks surrounding my easel so he couldn't sneak up behind me.

"Meek"

You know, I've heard several stories like this. I was lucky enough to never had this happen to me.

Mike

MonsterArt

michblk

Bill Murray - Stripes

MonsterArt

This is the first time I've ever drawn this character...

Meek

Ah! The prissy vampire Baron Meinster but then his Mutti was a rather overbearing old Harpy, wasn't she?
   I don't think he proved that blondes have more fun.

Nicely done, Frank. And I liked Mongo as well.

"Meek"(Mongo love Candy-gram)