Scatter made me do it...

Started by Gasport, July 06, 2010, 10:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackLagoon

Godzilla is brilliant!

You totally captured classic...it immediately makes me think of the Godzilla music, and the great early Toho films. That and with the metallic paint scheme I also think of "classic toy"...it's just screaming "True Godzilla-ness"

Now I want a Godzilla model!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Gasport

Thank you ALL, yet again! And Sean, you must have EXTREMELY good vision to pick up on the fire in the windows! I wanted to get a closer pic of the base, but they kept coming out blurry...that is EXACTLY the effect i wanted to convey. I used to have some wispy cotton coming out of the building to imply smoke, but it got so nasty over the years i threw it away!

Gasport

Hey! I tried it again just now and this time the close up of the base was clear... Unfortunately, the camera flash brought out a seem in the leg that normally is not visible to the eye . Here's a better shot;

Moonshadow

Oh no...there goes Tokyo....

Digging the model kits!  :D

Scatter

Man Mike, the flames in the windows is a FANTASTIC touch. What imagination! I never would have thought of that.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Gasport

Thanks guys!   Scatter, did you start Jordan's Creature kit yet?

Scatter

Quote from: Gasport on July 09, 2010, 07:49:33 PM
Thanks guys!   Scatter, did you start Jordan's Creature kit yet?

Mike, there's simply no place to DO it until we finish moving. Everything I own is in boxes stacked in every corner of the house right now waiting for the freaking bank to move on the short sale of the new house. My house literally looks like the last warehouse scene of Raiders Of The Lost Ark...........except the aisles are much narrower.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Gasport

Of course...I should have known better. You guys must be going crazy between house sales and adoption issues! No worries, that kit has kept since 1994 and will keep a while longer! Hope life calms down for you soon. Think how happy you'll all be once you're settled into your new place!

Sean

Quote from: Scatter on July 09, 2010, 09:08:25 PM
Everything I own is in boxes stacked in every corner of the house right now waiting for the freaking bank to move on the short sale of the new house.

Cut to the chase, you ghoul... by 'everything I own is in boxes'----you mean putrid smelling earth from your homeland... and by 'new house'--------we're talking Carfax Abbey, yes?

Sean

Quote from: Gasport on July 08, 2010, 11:15:17 PM
Hey! I tried it again just now and this time the close up of the base was clear... Unfortunately, the camera flash brought out a seem in the leg that normally is not visible to the eye . Here's a better shot;

The 'ground' beneath his feet has the look of melted glass and cooling embers/ coals after intense heat.  Were you going for that look?  If so, it's genius.  If not, it's serendipitous genius. ;)

Sean

Quote from: Gasport on July 08, 2010, 11:06:01 PM
Sean, you must have EXTREMELY good vision to pick up on the fire in the windows!

20/15 without glasses.  Not bad for 43.  I'm also great at seeing detail in OTHER'S stuff.... not so much my own. ;D

Gasport

Sean...that is EXACTLY what i was going for. I figured Godzilla had already blasted many of these structures w/his atomic breath. Combine that with all the fuel and electricity found in any city, and you'd have one helluva melty mess!

Sean

Quote from: Gasport on July 10, 2010, 11:20:21 PM
Sean...that is EXACTLY what i was going for. I figured Godzilla had already blasted many of these structures w/his atomic breath. Combine that with all the fuel and electricity found in any city, and you'd have one helluva melty mess!

Well, you really 'walk through' a scene in your mind before you start constructing it on canvas/ structure.  Brilliant!  I'm sure most of us don't do that.

Sean

Quote from: The Creeper on July 08, 2010, 12:27:26 PM
Man, both of them are great my friend!

Nice avatar, Creeper!    

I'm jealous. >:(

Sean

I just like the casual-stroll look to Godzilla's gait... it says: 'Commercial!  I'm going to the fridge for another Heiny!"