Famous Monsters Convention 2010, Indianapolis, IN

Started by Elizabeth, May 24, 2010, 12:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charp13

I hear you, Scatter!  Although I always call Georgia the bowels of the USA, so now I'm gonna rethink where I live. If you're in the armpit I guess I live in the rotator cuff ????

Scatter

Quote from: Gasport on June 13, 2010, 08:47:46 PM
I'm serious Scatter...You missed your true calling which should have been writing travel brochures for Florida!  ;D

Correction my friend.........that would be writing travel brochures on getting OUT of Florida.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scatter

Quote from: charp13 on June 13, 2010, 09:20:53 PM
I hear you, Scatter!  Although I always call Georgia the bowels of the USA, so now I'm gonna rethink where I live. If you're in the armpit I guess I live in the rotator cuff ????

I was going to call Florida the groin of the USA (it certainly has the requisite shape) but I decided against it. But now I see the error of my ways. Georgia can be the armpit, being due North, and Florida can be the groin. The other armpit would have to be Texas. 
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Uncula

Scatter, I think you & Charp13 need an anatomy lesson.  Either that or maybe the deep South could be a Universal Monster!   LOL!

Uncula
The children of the night.  What music they make!

charp13

Yes.... The South was sewn together poorly!   :)

Elizabeth

Announced today, on the FM web site and FB page:

Stop the presses! THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS MONSTER ARTIST Basil Gogos will be gracing the Famous Monsters Convention July 9-10 at Indianapolis, Indiana with his inimitable presence. Gogos, as you almost certainly know, is best known for his classic portraits of horror monsters (like the Creature of the Black Lagoon, Dracula and Dr. Frankenstein's monster) and actors (Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and Bela Lugosi, to name a few). His hyper-realistic, detailed, and wildly colorful style and morbid flair has led to him being called "a Bizarro world Norman Rockwell."

The article continues here: http://www.famousmonstersoffilmland.com/basil-gogos-added-to-fmc-convention/

Uncula

Those of us who are going to the Famous Monsters Convention.  We need to set a time and place to meet and take pictures.  Those who have T-shirts need to wear them.  That way, others in the UMA can find us, plus there would be a little subliminal advertisement for our group.
  What do you all think of the idea?

Uncula
The children of the night.  What music they make!

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I'll be attending the Famous Monsters convention too. I'll likely be traveling with the Fright Night Film Fest Crew, but I've spoken to Donnie Waddell of Wondefest about going as well. Like many of you, I've been sceptical of this new Famous Monsters rebirth, as I know next to nothing about Phillip Kim and his motivations. However, I've been given some secret, as-yet-unannounced information about the new Famous Monsters of Filmland that gives me reason to be VERY EXCITED about the direction of the whole franchise and its future. I can't say anything yet, but its possible there will be an announcement at the Con you wouldn't want to miss. You can say, "I was there!"

The Drunken Severed Head

If anyone wants to be in a UMA group photo, (good idea, Uncula!) please send me a PM (or post) what days you'll be there. I think sometime would be best.

fmofmpls

The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Radioactive Rod Whitenack on July 03, 2010, 01:37:48 PM
I've been given some secret, as-yet-unannounced information about the new Famous Monsters of Filmland

Tease!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Fester

Quote from: Scatter on June 13, 2010, 08:25:02 PM
As usual, living in the subtropical armpit of the United States precludes me from attending. Florida is close to nothing.......except Cuba and Hades.

Now, don't go sugar coating it.  What do you really think?

Elizabeth

Looking forward to seeing friends at FM next weekend...

And especially looking forward to seeing our buddy Joe Moe, and attending the Forry tribute!

The Drunken Severed Head

Be sure to attend the Saturday screening of DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE. I'll be doing a Q & A with star/writer/director Mark Redfield beforehand.

If anyone has seen the film, or others Mr. Redfield has done, feel free to post or pm some questions! (Please try to do by late Wed.) If I use a question by one here, I'll be sure to credit you-- and of course that'll give me a chance to plug the UMA!