Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordMudd

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on August 02, 2018, 09:51:27 AM
My SDCC day-glo Reaction Monsters showed up today and they're fantastic!

I wish we could've gotten some of the other goodies from the Bodega online (Mummy tp, Wolfman pomade, etc.) but I'm glad to have these.

A little while back I wrote Super7 asking about Dracula, the Bride and the Invisible Man since there was no card art shown. They responded:

"   
Super7 Customer Support (Super7)
Jun 25, 9:13 AM PDT

Hi Matt,

All of those are coming this year! We're looking to have those out in October.

-Super7 Customer Care"

So hopefully we see something soon... I'm getting impatient. I think it has less to do with actually getting them and more to do with worrying that I'll start collecting a new line and then it ending before everybody gets made.

I'm also hoping for another release of more day-glo Monsters to compliment the existing ones. And wouldn't it be cool if they made a sarcophagus for Imhotep or a coffin for Drac?

First I have heard this. I have seen Drac mentioned as being possibly tied up in likeness negotiations but no mention of Bride or IM anywhere before this.

CCC.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 02, 2018, 02:20:15 PM
Oh, JP.....you just had to go there, didn't you lol. :'(

The lunchbox will never be forgotten.  But JP brings up a great point!  If MEGO is getting sub-licenses through Diamond, it would be a cool possibility for Super7. 

LordMudd

Quote from: aura of foreboding on August 02, 2018, 11:26:17 AM
Wow.  Somebody clearly doesn't understand what a BUSINESS day is.  That does not include weekends.  The 28th and 29th don't count, dude.  You don't get to count those days.   You ordered on the 23rd.  It shipped on the 31st.  7 business days.  Get off your high horse.  Businesses don't care about how much you spend on a particular order.  They don't change the way they ship just for you.  These were convention exclusives that you did not have a right to.  They offered them up.  Perhaps whatever generation your in needs to learn to appreciate businesses that go out of their way to make items accessible to all fans.   

It's my party and I can cry if I want to! Seriously, the media has expended so much effort into turning us into an instant gratification society and have succeeded beyond their wildest expectations, of course without considering whether or not the industry that hired them to do it can keep up, which they can't. If I am spending $20 on something, I am not that worried about it. If I spend 10X that much, I expect someone to pay a little closer attention to what they are doing, and as far as wanting it NOW, that is NOT my fault, it is their fault. They programmed me that way!

CCC.

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: Wolfman on August 02, 2018, 01:08:05 PM
I'm eagerly anticipating Super 7's Uni monster goodies this fall. Maybe, just maybe, they can bring the lunchbox back from the dead.

JP

I'll just be over here sobbing.

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: LordMudd on August 02, 2018, 02:47:09 PM
First I have heard this. I have seen Drac mentioned as being possibly tied up in likeness negotiations but no mention of Bride or IM anywhere before this.

CCC.
I'm really anxious for them to show the official release so I can be sure that the Super7 email mystery person wasn't just telling me what I wanted to hear.

Anton Phibes

I will be glad when they are up fr pre-order. because there is no way in Hades I am going running all over God's Green Earth hunting this stuff. Too old and just wanna sit home and let my toys find me at the house between hikes and cycling.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 02, 2018, 08:35:01 PM
I will be glad when they are up fr pre-order. because there is no way in Hades I am going running all over God's Green Earth hunting this stuff. Too old and just wanna sit home and let my toys find me at the house between hikes and cycling.

I have now seen the light, Anton.  I have now seen the light.  If they aren't going to sell the figures direct, I'm buying off eBay.  haha

LordMudd

Anton Phibes

FYE at Dayton Mall, Ohio has Nosferatu clearanced at $7.98. So I snagged one.

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 04, 2018, 02:44:53 PM
FYE at Dayton Mall, Ohio has Nosferatu clearanced at $7.98. So I snagged one.
Great! Getting in my car, right now. With limited rest stops, I should be there in three days.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on August 05, 2018, 11:43:53 AM
Great! Getting in my car, right now. With limited rest stops, I should be there in three days.

hahaha! That was a heads up for our Ohio members. But maybe an FYE near you is clearancing them as well.

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 05, 2018, 11:47:53 AM
hahaha! That was a heads up for our Ohio members. But maybe an FYE near you is clearancing them as well.
Sadly, all the FYEs are closed down in my area. Every specialty store is now gone (Tower, Suncoast, FYE, T'R'U,  etc).

Anton Phibes

Has anyone heard anything about any of the Universal Monsters stuff shown at ToyFair this year being up for pre-sale anywhere? It's hard enough to keep track of this stuff when you know what you're looking for. Even harder when the company "goes dark" before production. Helps me. :'( :'(

Devlin

As of yesterday, my  Super 7 sales rep still says the UM figures are due in October. In general, there's a sales window of several weeks when they're exclusively retail/mail order, then they open up sales to their wholesale accounts. There have been situations when heavy demand wiped out their initial stock (the first run of Nosferatu, and most recently, the King Diamond figure), but those are more the exception than the rule.