Who else will watch King Kong on Thanksgiving?

Started by Gillfan, November 25, 2015, 03:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gillfan

Growing up in NJ we watched King Kong and Mighty Joe Young every year after Thanksgiving dinner.
Now we watch it on DVD. Anybody else have the same tradition?

horrorhunter

I will.

I taped King Kong, Son Of Kong, and Mighty Joe Young, when they were shown on AMC's Monsterfest in 2000 and burned it to disc a few years ago. I also have them on factory DVDs, but after Thanksgiving dinner I plan to put in the Monsterfest disc and let 'er rip.  ;D

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on UMA.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

My holiday tradition was the Twilight Zone marathons local T.V. stations used to have. Maybe it's just L.A. stations, though.

Flower

"Miracle on 34th Street" was always shown on Thanksgiving Day in New York.  I think that it was on WNEW Channel 5.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on November 25, 2015, 04:20:06 PM
My holiday tradition was the Twilight Zone marathons local T.V. stations used to have. Maybe it's just L.A. stations, though.

Yup, same here.

Monsters For Sale

Funny, I seem to remember the big movie featured on TV every Thanksgiving was "The Wizard of Oz".

Am I wrong?
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

OK, since this thread was started...

Are there any really good horror/sci-fi pictures that use Thanksgiving as a central theme or backdrop?

I can't think of any right off the bat.  Lots of Halloween and Christmas slashers and the wrap-around story for "The Time Machine" is New Year's - but nothing for Thanksgiving comes to mind.

Wish I had a list of appropriate movies for this holiday.

Anyone...?

ADAM

The Red Death 30

horrorhunter

Danni's Hard Drive showed a festive holiday extravaganza called Spanksgiving with several sequels a few years back.  ;)

OOps! Wrong genre.  :P
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

Valentines' Day, Mother's day, etc. have bloody movies.  Groundhog Day has a guy stuck in time, living the same day over and over to the point he tries repeatedly to end it by killing himself.

I suppose a good appropriate movie for Arbor Day would be "From Hell IT Came".

Someone needs to make a really creepy Thanksgiving film that is about something other than having to be with relatives you can't stand.

ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Count_Zirock

It was "March of the Wooden Soldiers" early Thanksgiving Day, then the Macy's Parade, then the giant apes, and "Wizard of Oz" started at 8pm, I think. Black Friday was the Godzilla movie marathon. That was a tradition in the '70s that was hardwired into you if you lived in the NY/NJ/CT tristate area. In the '90s, it was the MST3K Turkey Day marathon on Comedy Central.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y336-A1 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Monsters For Sale

I don't associate Kong with Thanksgiving at all.

Kong was often shown Saturday mornings in the 50's, when I was a kid.  I was a typical rug rat, on the floor in front of the TV watching 30's movies of all kinds - Until I got old enough to go to the local theater's Saturday Kids' Matinee.

After that, Saturday was 50's sci-fi day.  (Heaven.)
ADAM

jimm

Same here don't recall Kong on... Then again it's NFL all day in these parts