Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 08, 2007, 11:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on August 03, 2019, 11:44:16 PM
Yeah.  I've got Frank both ways.

I always liked the colorful cards Imperial monsters had.

They made this Magnetic Disguise toy in 1987:

Pretty dumb disguises.  Who wouldn't recognize Frankenstein with a handle bar mustache?  He wasn't exactly Clark Kent.

And what the heck with Wolf Man?  Did anyone think parting his hair on the other side would make him unrecognizable?

The beatnic Frankenstein looks cool. In the first photo of the three. It looks like Karloff in the Black Cat.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gojirafan

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 03, 2019, 11:55:40 PM
The only Creature bendys were from AHI (1974) and Vic's (1979).
Thx.  I'll  have to look those up for nostalgia.
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Gojirafan on August 04, 2019, 05:24:20 AM
Thx.  I'll  have to look those up for nostalgia.

They're right in the archives. Actually, the Vic's was not a bendy. Just a rubber figue.

AHI

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Gojirafan

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 04, 2019, 05:49:40 AM
They're right in the archives. Actually, the Vic's was not a bendy.
I did a quick Google search and it looks like I had the jiggler creature with the open mouth/hands up in the air.
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Gojirafan on August 04, 2019, 07:25:23 AM
I did a quick Google search and it looks like I had the jiggler creature with the open mouth/hands up in the air.

That was the Vic's.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Just now purchased a Ben Cooper Lily Munster mask and  box.

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 04, 2019, 12:41:47 PM
Just now purchased a Ben Cooper Lily Munster mask and  box.

Wowsa!!! Dude, you have been vintage toy binging

Gojirafan

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on August 04, 2019, 01:47:16 PM
Wowsa!!! Dude, you have been vintage toy binging

Yeah. Definitely in the mood. 🎃

geezer butler

Quote from: Gojirafan on August 03, 2019, 04:50:46 PM
2 childhood classics arrived this week. 1979 Knickerbocker stuffed Godzilla and a Mattel Shogun Warriors Great Mazinga. That completes all the Shoguns I had.

Awesome!

geezer butler

I was visiting my family on the East Coast this week. My mom found this at garage sale on Long Island and bought for me. Anyone know what this is? I guess he was NY horror host back in the day. I would appreciate any help. Thanks guys!

2019-08-04_06-02-33 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-08-04_06-02-26 by geezer2014, on Flickr

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on August 04, 2019, 05:19:49 PM
I was visiting my family on the East Coast this week. My mom found this at garage sale on Long Island and bought for me. Anyone know what this is? I guess he was NY horror host back in the day. I would appreciate any help. Thanks guys!

Geezer. I found a YouTube video on Sivad. Hope this helps. By the way,  cool find.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0mWNJHdPIcI&t=31s

Dr. Acula

Apparently, he was a horror host in Memphis, TN. How he got to NY, I don't know! Here's an article on him:

https://www.memphisflyer.com/FlyontheWallBlog/archives/2015/10/26/start-halloween-week-right-with-a-tribute-to-sivad-and-fantastic-features

ilikemonsters

Never heard of him, but Amazing find!

Lazarus

Got my copy of Horrified (Ravensburger's new Universal Monsters game).  The included monsters are Invisible Man, Dracula, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Mummy, and Frankenstein's Monster and the Bride.  The goal is to defeat the monsters before they raise the horror meter to 6, which they do by killing players or villagers.  The board is a sort of theme park style hodge podge of locations from the featured monster's movies, and the 10 villagers are supporting cast from the movies. 

Including this fun little cameo, that I was not expecting.

Each player gets an archetype character to play, that has a unique ability.  Items spawn on the board nearly every round that are the currency of the game, and you use them to advance the goals to defeat monsters.  You can also discard items to defend yourself from a monster attack.  This means that the more players on the table, the more spread out the items, and therefore the more vulnerable the players.  You have to be careful, as you need items for different things, depending on the monsters on the board.

It's VERY light and accessible, and I like it quite a bit.  I will say that with fewer monsters, it's very easy.  I played it solo mode against the recommended first game monsters (Dracula and Creech) and breezed through it.  Next game I'm going to go full House of Frankenstein and get as many people in as I can.