Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehorror

Verotika~What to say about Verotika?  There's the obvious acting and f/x issues but I'll let others deal with those.

Morella~the wraparound segments do their job but she ain't no Crypt Keeper, Boris Karloff, Rod Serling or Alfred Hitchcock

The Albino Spider of Dajette~this nonsensical tale is the best of the bunch....but that isn't a high standard

Change of Face~the strip club scenes appear to be the only thing done with some effort; after The Albino Spider of Dajette, I was really expecting more but this thing just completely goes off the rails (not in a good way); writing/directing/pacing all at issue

Drukija Contessa of Blood~give me Ingrid Pitt in Countess Dracula (1971) any day over whatever the hell this was; much like the previous tale, writing/directing/pacing all have serious issues

There isn't anything shocking or twisted in this anthology although a movie doesn't have to have those things to impress but given Glenn's penchant for stating said properties, it is lackluster.  Let's hope Glenn Danzig's next effort Death Rider In The House Of Vampires fairs better.

Lunkenstein

Paul

Mord

Contagion (2011) -

Great movie with an all-star cast. Considering what's going on around the world, this film's twice as scary today.

Mike...In 3-D!

"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Mord

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on February 28, 2020, 09:44:03 PM
The Invisible Man (2020)
We're seeing it tomorrow. Worthwhile? The reviews have been great.

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: Mord on February 28, 2020, 09:52:55 PM
We're seeing it tomorrow. Worthwhile? The reviews have been great.

I loved it. It's not perfect, but this is a day one addition to my movie library when it comes out for sure. I had a great crowd in the theatre, too. They were audibly gasping at parts and some people even applauded at the end.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

LundyAfterMidnight

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920), on 2/27/20, the movie's 100th (!!) anniversary.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

LundyAfterMidnight

Island of the Fishmen, aka Screamers, 1979. I've never heard of this until last week. I may have seen it for sale under the Screamers title, but it didn't strike a chord at the time.  Anyhoo, it was awesome, better than I anticipated!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Mord

The Invisible Man (2020) -
Very enjoyable, but not scary. Great ending for a change.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on February 29, 2020, 06:25:51 PM
The Invisible Man (2020) -
Very enjoyable, but not scary. Great ending for a change. 

More a stalking story than a horror/sci-fi story?
ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 29, 2020, 06:58:46 PM
True, except the stalker happens to be invisible.

Lunkenstein

ANACONDA (1997)
DESTINATION INNER SPACE (1966)
Paul

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 29, 2020, 06:58:46 PM

I think the explanation for invisibility is slightly more plausible in this version.