Previous topic - Next topic

Memphremagog

The Dracula Saga(1972)
Night Caller From Outer Space(1965)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Monsters For Sale

The Big Empty, 2003 - Out-of-work actor John Person (Jon Favreau) is an unemployed actor who will take any job to pay off his large debt - even when he isn't sure exactly what that job is.  His strange neighbor hires him to make what seems to be a simple delivery.

Stars an interestingly mixed cast of familiar faces in very unfamiliar, even unrecognizable, roles.  I really don't want to tell you anything more than that.  This is a movie best discovered during the viewing.  Don't read the blurbs - most of them get elements of the film wrong and will have you looking for directions the story doesn't even take.  (People should be required to watch a movie all the way through before they write a critique.

Don't think this one was on many screens before it went to video.  Have you seen it?

I like this odd little film.  It appeals to my fondness for the bizarre.
ADAM

Memphremagog

Curse Of the Mummy's Tomb(1964)
Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde(1931)
DARK SHADOWS:

Lunkenstein

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981) - will forever love this film!
Paul

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Dr.Cyclops

Just finished watching my new favorite Christmas/Winter movie : The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)
"A Castle without a Crypt is like a Unicorn without a Horn" ~ Professor Abronsius

Mord

Quote from: Lunkenstein on January 01, 2018, 09:11:40 PM
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981) - will forever love this film!
Just watched this on cable...for the 2nd time. Yep, I'm a fan.

geezer butler

Memphremagog

Strangler Of the Swamp(1946)
An American Haunting(2005)
DARK SHADOWS:

Lunkenstein

Re: AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON

Quote from: Mord on January 02, 2018, 12:08:34 AM
Just watched this on cable...for the 2nd time. Yep, I'm a fan.

YES! Starz has been running it a lot.
I remember how much I loved it when I saw it at a drive-in first run. Then all the cable viewings and finally DVD. I don't plan on upgrading everything to Blu Ray, but this one I probably will. Such a great film with all the scares and humor.
Paul

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Lunkenstein on January 02, 2018, 09:17:50 PM

YES! Starz has been running it a lot....
... I don't plan on upgrading everything to Blu Ray, but this one I probably will. ... 

Definitely worth the most recent upgrade.  The first Blu-Rays (2009 & 2014 - Full Moon Edition) were too dark.  You couldn't see much detail of his dead-friend-Jack's great make-up. 
The most recent Restored Edition Blu-Ray (2016) is much, much better.   
ADAM

Lunkenstein

Thanks Adam. Now I know which one to get. Appreciate it!
Paul

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Lunkenstein on January 02, 2018, 09:17:50 PM

YES! Starz has been running it a lot.
I remember how much I loved it when I saw it at a drive-in first run. Then all the cable viewings and finally DVD. I don't plan on upgrading everything to Blu Ray, but this one I probably will. Such a great film with all the scares and humor.

I first saw it in a theatre. I would love to see it in a drivr-in with a squeamish girlfriend. Lots of old-school, horror fun. I love monster movies that take place in the English countryside (maybe, that's why I love Hammer so much).