Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

Quote from: Count_Zirock on June 19, 2015, 05:47:02 PM
I need to set my alarm for 6AM on Monday for their Christopher Lee tribute. "The Mummy" is one of the few flicks they're showing that I don't have on DVD.

Indeed.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

"Laid to Rest" - Pretty good modern horror flick.

Nosferatu79

Quote from: Count_Zirock on June 19, 2015, 05:47:02 PM
I need to set my alarm for 6AM on Monday for their Christopher Lee tribute. "The Mummy" is one of the few flicks they're showing that I don't have on DVD.

I plan to check out the intros and outros for the Christopher Lee films they show...I figure at least the first film should have an intro to start the tribute...but if not, at least they are paying respect with these films...and (perhaps more importantly) these are films they played a lot during the great man's life, as well!

Memphremagog

The Ghost Breakers(1940)
Colossus Of New York(1958)
The Space Children(1958)
Quatermass & the Pit(1967)
Terror Creatures From the Grave(1966)
Bloody Pit Of Horror(1967)

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

neonnoodle

"John Carter".  I liked it--fun movie!  I never liked the title, though.  To modern audiences, the name meant nothing, and I think the vagueness of the title hurt the movie bad at the boxoffice.  Adding "of Mars" would have made a big difference, I figure...
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Memphremagog

The Lost World(1925)
Son Of Blob(1972)
Them!(1954)
Logan's Run(1976)
Lifeforce(1985))
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mord

geezer butler

Quote from: Gory Glenn on June 19, 2015, 05:06:15 PM
How is the Blu-ray? I have the old DVD release.

Yeah I thought it looked pretty good. Some cool extras on there. That's a really fun movie. The fight scene still cracks me up.

geezer butler

Friday:
Prom Night (1980) *still really like this film. I get nostalgic because first 'slasher' film I ever saw.

Sat:
X2 (2003)

The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)
*Seemed like this movie would never end. I actually fast forwarded it a couple of times. I'm not a big Spider Man guy, but I'm huge Marvel horror fan, so my favorite part of the movie was the "Dr. Morbius File" easter egg.

Elysium (2013)
* This film was better than I expected.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Phantasm - More like Fun-tasm, what a great movie.

Mord

"Dracula, Prince of Darkness" and "Dracula Has Risen From the Grave" (on TMC). Waiting for "Horror Express". I have all of these on DVD, but I feel compelled to watch them as part of this tribute marathon.

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on June 22, 2015, 01:29:39 PM
"Dracula, Prince of Darkness" and "Dracula Has Risen From the Grave" (on TMC). Waiting for "Horror Express". I have all of these on DVD, but I feel compelled to watch them as part of this tribute marathon.

Can't go wrong w/any of these. Just watched "Prince" the other night. Horror Express one of the coolest Lee films IMO.

geezer butler

The Werewolf (1956)

Frankenstein 1970 (1958)

I really like both these films. I went with classic monsters in the 50s theme, so was gonna watch "The Return of Dracula" from 1957 and make it a triple feature. But I'm too sleepy. The count will have to wait till next week.