Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

Just finished watching 'Snake People' with Boris Karloff

Moonshadow

Quote from: ramsey37 on June 30, 2011, 07:54:01 AM
watching Joan Van Ark make out with Richard Boone was just painful ;)

Oh man, now that image is burned in my brain.... :o

ramsey37

Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

general gruesome

Inception (2010) - one of the most well-written, acted, directed films of all-time. I really enjoyed this alot. It also really gets you thinking

Wicked Lester

Just a quick note to say thanks to those of you that actually take the time to write at least a line or two about the movies you've seen.
Posting the title tells us nothing except that you watched it. Even a phrase like it was lame , it sucked,I had to watch it twice it was so good helps us with our choices if we have not seen that film.

WL

frankenstein73

ALIEN. (1979) Still one of the best shows ever made, ridley scotts director cut. and btw the kenner 18" alien was one of my favorite toys as a child. i have three of them now! might even buy another one?
Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

marsattacks666

Quote from: Wicked Lester on June 30, 2011, 06:00:55 PM
Just a quick note to say thanks to those of you that actually take the time to write at least a line or two about the movies you've seen.
Posting the title tells us nothing except that you watched it. Even a phrase like it was lame , it sucked,I had to watch it twice it was so good helps us with our choices if we have not seen that film.

WL

MARS ATTACKS( 1996)...............I like this movie a lot. It's neat-o!  Plus, the film didn't suck..........
Well, I didn't think the film sucked. Critics hated the movie, and gave many bad reviews.  How's that? >:D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Scatter

Quote from: ramsey37 on June 30, 2011, 11:21:07 AM

You're welcome ;)
George

I'm equally repulsed at the thought of making out with EITHER of them. I call her Joan Van Bark (woof woof)
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

king_ghidorah

Quote from: Wicked Lester on June 30, 2011, 06:00:55 PM

WL

Agreed...a quick yay or nay by the person posting is a plus

thelatewinslowleach

My music is for Phoenix. Only she can sing it. Anyone else who tries, dies.

zombiehorror

Shiver of the Vampire~I enjoyed this euro-cheese/sleaze fest but I would say it is an acquired taste..........

From a Whisper to a Scream~Really neat little anthology film, could have easily featured the Crypt Keeper and been a Tales movie!

Both were watched instantly on Netflix!

Scatter

frankenstein73

The BLOB. Hokey but fun to watch. My dad stopped by when I was watching it and totally became enthralled. The movie came out when he was a kid. I think I watched him go back in time for a little bit. It was cool.
ALIENS (directors cut) this is the best cut of the film. It will always be one of my favorites.
Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

Scatter

"IT, The Terror From Beyond Space"

50's "B" sci-fi doesn't get much better than this. I had never seen it before, and our own Elizabeth said I had to see it. She was right. It's on NetFlix streaming, so get it while you can!!

Phantom Stranger

"The Magnetic Monster"(1953)

Plot: IMDB

Working for O.S.I., the Office of Scientific Investigation, A-Man agent Jeffrey Stewart and his partner Dan Forbes are sent to a local hardware store where they find a strong magnetic field has magnetized every metal item in the store. Investigating further, they eventually trace the source of the magnetism to an airborn flight carrying scientist Howard Denker, now dying of radiation poisoning, who has carted on board with him a new radioactive element which he has bombarded with alpha particles for 200 hours. The element, dubbed 'serranium' grows geometrically by creating matter out of energy which it absorbs from metallic objects surrounding it. Stewart calculates that if the substance is not destroyed soon that within 24 hours or so it will have grown large enough to throw Earth out of its orbit.

Phantom's Review: Well written, if slightly dull, sci-fi drama. Very little action, mostly talking. It kind of reminds me of "The Andromeda Strain" not bad, just not that exciting.