Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Invisible Woman

An American Werewolf in London (1981), The Phantom From 10,000 Leagues (1956), Monster From A Prehistoric Planet (1967). I had never seen The Phantom From... or Monster From...
The Phantom... was ok. It was more about the human characters and their schemes against each other than about the monster. It reminded me alot of Creature From the Black Lagoon. Monster From... was better,with much more impressive monsters and special effects. It was rather Godzilla-ish. I quite enjoyed it. And of course I had seen AWIL, but not in a long time. It was awesome.
"The whole world's my hiding place."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

RedKing

Quote from: BaronLatos35 on November 28, 2011, 09:32:08 PM
I hear you RK. I was hoping for more of a whup ass Conan. The actor who played him was cool as Drago in Game of Thrones (my wife's show I ended up watching with her), but that attitude didn't come through in Conan.
I know. It was too bad because almost everything else about the movie was pretty faithful to the origina stories. Oh well-maybe some day they'll get it right!

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 30, 2011, 05:07:13 AM
War of Planets
Was this the one from the60s or the the really wacky nonsensialone fromthe 70s (also called Cosmos:War of the Planets)?

The Navy vs the Night Monsters
Blood of the Man Devil with Chaney jr and Carradine
Battle Beyond the Sun
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Scatter

Quote from: Zombiology on November 29, 2011, 08:31:01 PM
Hide and Seek (DeNiro)

MAN that movie stunk.

The Babysitter (a little SHATNER with your cheese??)
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Moonshadow

Quote from: Scatter on November 30, 2011, 04:40:46 PM
The Babysitter (a little SHATNER with your cheese??)

Gary, have you seen the Shatner classic, "Impulse"? In my opinion, it blows the doors off anything else he's done!

Scatter

Quote from: Moonshadow on November 30, 2011, 05:28:11 PM
Gary, have you seen the Shatner classic, "Impulse"? In my opinion, it blows the doors off anything else he's done!

Nooooo........but I shall try to rectify this gaping hole in my Shatner experience..
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Moonshadow

Quote from: Scatter on November 30, 2011, 05:57:38 PM
Nooooo........but I shall try to rectify this gaping hole in my Shatner experience..

All true Shatner aficionados must see it. It's the Shat-man at his most uninhibited...or maybe just totally coked-up (it was the 70s). 

And the car wash scene...it defies all description.

marsattacks666

Zombiology

Quote from: Scatter on November 30, 2011, 04:40:46 PM
MAN that movie stunk. (Hide and Seek - DeNiro)

Yes, big time.

Tonight was Halloween H20 which was better the second time around.  I've always felt this was a better sequel than Halloween II.  Forgot Janet Lee (mommy) had a scene in it.

Not sure if this one fits in the category or not, but also saw The Illusionist with Edward Norton.  Awesome movie.  Keeper in the collection.

marsattacks666

RedKing

Cinema Insomnia's presentation of StarCrash hosted by Mr Lobo
Very fun Italian Star Wars rip off starring the always gorgeous Caroline Munro, a slumming Christopher Plummer and very young David Hasselhoff! Directed by Luigi Cozzi(who also made the eually fun and cheesy 80's Hercules with Lou Ferrigno). I also really liked Cinema Insomnia, this was the first full episode I have seen, and now I want to see more. Luckily there are several on youtube!

Moonshadow

Quote from: RedKing on December 01, 2011, 10:40:16 PM
Cinema Insomnia's presentation of StarCrash hosted by Mr Lobo
Very fun Italian Star Wars rip off starring the always gorgeous Caroline Munro, a slumming Christopher Plummer and very young David Hasselhoff! Directed by Luigi Cozzi(who also made the eually fun and cheesy 80's Hercules with Lou Ferrigno). I also really liked Cinema Insomnia, this was the first full episode I have seen, and now I want to see more. Luckily there are several on youtube!

Mr. Lobo is a fun guy. When I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area I used to see him live at Will Viharo's Thrilville shows at the Parkway Theater. Mr. Lobo would get the audience to take the Knights of Insomnia pledge. He also would run some goofy contests.

zombiehorror

Dead Heat (1988) available on Netflix Instant!

RedKing

I see that Mr Lobo has relesedthe first ep[isodeof the new(10th)season-ed Wood's"lost" film Venus Fly Trap aka Revenge of DrX.Ed wrote the story forthisone,and it was filmed in japan with help fromToei studios. An American wackjob scientist creates a humanoid venus flytrap monster whileon vacation in Japan! The only thing is Mr Lobo showed the moviein black and white when it was filmed in color! The opening credits were newto this version and featured some narration by Criswell that are not on the color copy I have under the revenge of dr x title.

I also watched the Al Adamson "classic" Horror of the Blood Monsters 1970 with John Carradine