Plan 9 From Outer Space

Started by BlackLagoon, May 09, 2012, 07:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackLagoon

So this is the "worst movie ever made"?.....Honestly I don't think so. I mean I get why it would earn that title with the crap FX and it looking like something elementary school kids compiled for the most part but what about the story? I think it was pretty good.

We haven't talked about this one in a bit.....bring it on!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Sean

Robert W

Aliens plotting to take over the Earth by implanting radio transmitters into the recently deceased for the purposes of creating a zombie army? This, this is the plot of the worst movie ever made?!?

Hardly!

Zackuth

I have watched it once, over three different viewings, I could only take so much at one time.  I could not get into this movie and was bored when I did watch it.  Now, it has been over 30 years--more like 35--since I've seen it so I don't remember a whole lot of this movie, just that I didn't like it.  Bad acting, lousy script.

As for bing the worst, I don't know.  I've seen some really bad ones, such as The Creeping Terror, or as my friend and I call it, the Quilt Monster.  I swear that what covered the people posing as the monster was a quilt.  That was another multiple viewings to see it one time kind of thing.  If this movie did not beat out Plan 9 as worst movie, then it certainly came in 1.1 (because it is not good enough to be #2).

And there are some low budget movies I did enjoy and have in my collection, like The Slime People and a few SciFi original movies.   ::)

"Listen to them; the children of the night.  What music they make!"  Dracula

Sean

Quote from: Zackuth on May 09, 2012, 08:38:21 PM
  Bad acting, lousy script.

Wha...wha....whawhawha......WHAT!!!!??  ;D

Robert W

Teaser trailer for CREEP! documentary film about the making of The Creeping Terror
Teaser trailer for CREEP! documentary film about the making of The Creeping Terror

Compared to the last series of Star Wars flicks, Plan 9 comes off as pure gold.

sixshooter

That trailer was great, never seen The Creeping Terror, but I intend to now. As for Plan 9 it's been awhile since I watched it but I've always enjoyed it, Funny, right now I'm watching Ed Wood.

Lee

Howler

I love Plan 9. What they lacked in budget they made up for it with heart. You could easily see Ed was passionate about making movies, he just never got the break he needed.
"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Robert W

I think Wood did a pretty good job considering the shoestring budgets he was working on. Also, he got a hell of a performance out of Bela in BotM.

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Unknown Primate

It's a great late night treat when you're in the mood to just mellow out.  I thought it was the "worst movie ever made" 30 years ago, but not anymore.  It's moody & endearing.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Scatter

Quote from: Unknown Primate on May 09, 2012, 09:48:56 PM
It's a great late night treat when you're in the mood to just mellow out.  I thought it was the "worst movie ever made" 30 years ago, but not anymore.  It's moody & endearing.

Absolutely........it's NOT the worst movie ever made by any stretch. Anything by Scy-Fy beats it out hands down. Plan 9 shows Woods' passion for the movies. That alone gives it innate goodness!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

frankenstein73

I absolutely love this film.
Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

Zombiology

I know this movie has a reputation for being the worst but it has never felt that way to me.  First time I watched, I enjoyed it for Bela alone.  Then found out about Ed Wood and explored his other stuff which made me enjoy it even more.  I still laugh at the shower curtains but that is part of the charm.