Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on January 19, 2022, 01:35:03 PM
Sitting these out. Kudos to folks that have been awaiting soapies.

I'm the same but mainly as 3 Soapies and 1 carded Creature was almost $60 to ship to the UK  :o

I might pick them up when they do the non glow versions as that's what I'm after and it is a shame that the card backs aren't thinner on for creatures.

Nice drop though :)

Ian

Dr.Terror

Big pass on the carrded figs this time, but grabbed a Wolf and Frank soakie.     Wonder how long until we get normal versions.   Really hope the dont do 100 variants and these are the only glows.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Palifan on January 19, 2022, 02:32:51 PM
I'm the same but mainly as 3 Soapies and 1 carded Creature was almost $60 to ship to the UK  :o

I might pick them up when they do the non glow versions as that's what I'm after and it is a shame that the card backs aren't thinner on for creatures.

Nice drop though :)

Ian

2 soakies cost $17 to ship US😲
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Count Zachula

Hey guys, don't forget there's a Metaluna soapy as well, not included under the UM tag:  https://super7.com/products/the-metaluna-mutant-super-soapie-glow

ilikemonsters

I know, I missed it and already went thru check out ! I guess I'll pass on that one.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 19, 2022, 01:59:45 PM
I just bought all the Creature stuff!  :)

Why didn't they do those AHI Creatures on the repro cards to begin with?

Because then no one would've bought the boxed versions >:D. They know what their doing with regards to releases. For instance: People will buy all the glow soapies....then they will release silver screen versions. Then finally color. Leaving folks with three different painted versions of the exact same sculpted product. Gotta catch 'em all,lol. Or none. :angel:

michblk

"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

AndyFish

Six soapie figures and two Mummy carded figures came to $18 shipping in the US.   Not horrible.  Shipping is expensive nowadays.

Monsters For Sale

I didn't realize they were filled with bubble-blowing gunk and had a wand.
ADAM

Anton Phibes

They are cool, and a neat throw back to the monster craze. I like them. My collecting has cooled a lot since passing 50. I really have to be "moved" by a product nowadays to move off the billfold.

MonsterBaker666

I ordered all the new carded figures and the soakies.  Shipping was $17.93.  Total of the order (with shipping) was $205.93.

"Gotta support the team!"

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 19, 2022, 03:25:25 PM
I didn't realize they were filled with bubble-blowing gunk and had a wand.

I'm just going to dump it down the drain.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

fearliath

Quote from: AndyFish on January 19, 2022, 03:09:57 PM
Six soapie figures and two Mummy carded figures came to $18 shipping in the US.   Not horrible.  Shipping is expensive nowadays.

I bought 8 soakies (2 of each), 2 pennants, and all 6 figures and it only came to $9 shipping for me (2 day delivery). I don't live anywhere close to their headquarters or their warehouse but I've ordered quite a bit from Super 7 and it's always between $4 and $9 shipping. Maybe I'm getting some wicked deal.

Dr.Terror

Quote from: fearliath on January 19, 2022, 04:37:14 PM
I bought 8 soakies (2 of each), 2 pennants, and all 6 figures and it only came to $9 shipping for me (2 day delivery). I don't live anywhere close to their headquarters or their warehouse but I've ordered quite a bit from Super 7 and it's always between $4 and $9 shipping. Maybe I'm getting some wicked deal.

How many zones away?   Each zone ads to the $$.

TheMadScientist

Tempting as it is, I'm probably going to pass on these as well. It's reassuring to see them release some UM Soakies, but I'll wait on the versions with "regular", non-glow paint jobs.

As a side note, does anyone know why pretty much none of their stuff features Dracula? I assume it's some sort of licensing red tape, but I'd honestly be more interested in some of this stuff if he were featured as well.