Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on April 30, 2021, 10:04:15 PM
How do the recent S7 Universal Monsters scale with the AmokTime Monstarz Herbert West Re-Animator figure?

They are both 3.75".
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

fearliath

I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I'll add it here. Iron Giant Reaction figures (available in August):
https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1408455708941631493

Anton Phibes

They keep announcing all kinds of new stuff (including Pennywise, and removing Curry's face so as not to have to give him a cent, which is raw considering he is incapacitated from a stroke). Yet no news on the Universal Monsters wave that contains werewolf of London. Is Creechie Walks Among us the only figure we are going to get from that wave? Has it been scrapped?

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 25, 2021, 02:27:43 PM
Is Creechie Walks Among us the only figure we are going to get from that wave? Has it been scrapped?

There are some things man was not meant to know!
CREATURE FAN

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

fearliath

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 25, 2021, 02:27:43 PM
They keep announcing all kinds of new stuff (including Pennywise, and removing Curry's face so as not to have to give him a cent, which is raw considering he is incapacitated from a stroke). Yet no news on the Universal Monsters wave that contains werewolf of London. Is Creechie Walks Among us the only figure we are going to get from that wave? Has it been scrapped?

Don't know or care about Pennywise/Curry. The rest of the Universal Monster Reaction line should still get released. Except for Hunchback, for whatever bizarre reason I don't think that's happening.

I have been told by Mr. Flynn himself multiple times that the Soakies are still supposed to happen (at least they were 6 months ago). He actually implied they are already made as he said the ones sitting behind him in all his videos are production run, not prototypes. Something seems off with the Universal Monster license though with the Reaction and Soakies not already being released. My only suspicion is they want to do an event at NYCC (closer to Halloween) specific to the monsters and release more stuff around that time. I know for a fact they planned to do just that in 2020 before the world ended.

MonsterBaker666

I'd be in for the Universal monster Soakies.  Been waiting, what, 3 years now for them??

But I'm not holding my breath for them to appear any time soon.  Same thing with Wave 3 monster action figures.  Will they be released?  Sure hope so, but if they are coming, they should release them before Halloween.

AndyFish

I wonder if sales would be better for these companies if they announced something when it's landed on shore rather than in the early prototype stage.   Waiting three years for an item leads to frustration from your fan base.   It's not like they announce an item and then take pre-orders to see the interest.   I think you'd get a lot more impulse buys if they did it the other way.   With the method they use now a lot of us (myself included) just give up on any further promotion as just talk and end up walking away from the whole line.   

It seems like with licenses Super7 is spreading itself way too thin.   It really gets to the point that I just don't care anymore.

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: fearliath on June 25, 2021, 09:12:57 PM
Don't know or care about Pennywise/Curry. The rest of the Universal Monster Reaction line should still get released. Except for Hunchback, for whatever bizarre reason I don't think that's happening.

I have been told by Mr. Flynn himself multiple times that the Soakies are still supposed to happen (at least they were 6 months ago). He actually implied they are already made as he said the ones sitting behind him in all his videos are production run, not prototypes. Something seems off with the Universal Monster license though with the Reaction and Soakies not already being released. My only suspicion is they want to do an event at NYCC (closer to Halloween) specific to the monsters and release more stuff around that time. I know for a fact they planned to do just that in 2020 before the world ended.

Damn. No Quasimodo is going to be a real shame. He's who I was looking forward to having most.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on June 26, 2021, 11:39:19 AM

Damn. No Quasimodo is going to be a real shame. He's who I was looking forward to having most.

I guess we all had our favorite picks for that wave. Mine is Werewolf of London. Cause he rarely gets any love.

Dr.Terror

This is always what happens when they release the obligatory  Big 6 first..   The Neca figures will suffer the same fate
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 26, 2021, 04:37:53 PM
I guess we all had our favorite picks for that wave. Mine is Werewolf of London. Cause he rarely gets any love.

He was tied for me with Quas, then Ardeth Bey and Ygor. The different Creature and Monster were neat but it was those others I truly will regret not having. 

Subatomic_Matt

I'd been lucky to have Brian reply to me a couple times before, so I thought I'd try again. He replied:

" It will actually release in January now. So many weird little issues with universal and some of these guys. The funny part is, you will get a different monster sooner than wave3, but we do have them all coming."

Mike Scott

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on June 28, 2021, 10:05:07 AM
The funny part is, you will get a different monster sooner than wave3, but we do have them all coming."

Cool!  :)
CREATURE FAN