Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on June 28, 2021, 03:05:07 PM
I'd been lucky to have Brian reply to me a couple times before, so I thought I'd try again. He replied:

" It will actually release in January now. So many weird little issues with universal and some of these guys. The funny part is, you will get a different monster sooner than wave3, but we do have them all coming."

is the It referenced the whole of wave 3, or  nother item? Good to hear monsters arent done. I can hold out til January. Halloween wouldve been nice, but covid wrecked a lot of stuff. Businesses, lives, families, jobs....we still arent over it yet it seems.

Subatomic_Matt

I asked him if this is a new general monster or if it would be Universal and he replied:
"A new universal for the die hard fans".

If I had the no-how I'd be happy to upload screenshots for proof!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on June 28, 2021, 06:03:36 PM
If I had the know-how I'd be happy to upload screenshots for proof!

Can you email them to me?

unifan2001 AT yahoo.com
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on June 28, 2021, 06:03:36 PM
I asked him if this is a new general monster or if it would be Universal and he replied:
"A new universal for the die hard fans".

If I had the no-how I'd be happy to upload screenshots for proof!

Probably too much to hop for Mad Ghoul, Man Made Monster, or Ape WOMAN. :angel:

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Dr.Terror

Son of Drac or Kharis since they have Chaney.   
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Dr.Terror on June 29, 2021, 10:47:22 AM
Son of Drac or Kharis since they have Chaney.

KHARIS YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aura of foreboding

Either are great options!  Though I'd still like the supporting characters: Van Helsing, Henry, Renfield at least. 

Dr.Terror

They need to give us all the monsters first.   I really wouldnt want them  touching others becsuse the likenrss of their basic human characters is terrible even by "retro" standards.   We'll either get plain faced Marty McFlys and Brody's for VH or Dr. F.  or exaggerated Dr Pretorious thats looks like the style of their Nosferatu.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Dr.Terror on June 30, 2021, 12:39:37 AM
They need to give us all the monsters first.   I really wouldnt want them  touching others becsuse the likenrss of their basic human characters is terrible even by "retro" standards.   We'll either get plain faced Marty McFlys and Brody's for VH or Dr. F.  or exaggerated Dr Pretorious thats looks like the style of their Nosferatu.

I get it, yes.  It's just something I've always wanted... full 3.75" play sets of the Uni Monsters with their human counterparts. 

Dr.Terror

If they can do them at the level of detail of a vintage Star Wars Id love them.    I  thought the mini mates were cool.  But they worked because the printed faces resembled the characters.     

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Dr.Terror on June 30, 2021, 09:04:57 AM
If they can do them at the level of detail of a vintage Star Wars Id love them.    I  thought the mini mates were cool.  But they worked because the printed faces resembled the characters.   

I thought the mini mates were great because they had all the characters we should have gotten over the years.  Alas, there's only so much one can do with that format. 

Buzzybean

I was told the puzzles were still happening too.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Buzzybean on July 02, 2021, 12:33:11 AM
I was told the puzzles were still happening too.

Wow!  Thank Goodness!  I definitely wanted the Drac and Frank.