Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Ed Repka does it, again! That art perfectly captures "The Munsters"!

Is that all the packaging there was to the X-Mas LBH set? It didn't come in a box, or anything?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

munsterlvr1313

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 27, 2021, 07:13:11 PM

Is that all the packaging there was to the X-Mas LBH set? It didn't come in a box, or anything?
It was sent to me like that with a plastic cover over it. Unsure if the original packaging was different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Scott

Quote from: munsterlvr1313 on April 27, 2021, 07:17:22 PM
It was sent to me like that with a plastic cover over it.

I figured it had to be sealed, somehow. That gold plastic is all I've ever seen, so I thought I'd axe someone who had one.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 27, 2021, 07:13:11 PM

It came in a simple, plain carboard gold box - like a gold donut box.  The plastic liner fit snugly inside.  The top folded back to display the LBH's inside.

Story is that these were gifts from Sideshow to favored vendors.  So there are not all that many sets out there.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 27, 2021, 07:31:14 PM
It came in a simple, plain carboard gold box - like a gold donut box.  The plastic liner fit snugly inside.

Thanks!  :)   Found a photo. Kind of like a box of X-Mas cards ?

CREATURE FAN

fearliath

I'm for sure getting these Munsters. What is the Lily card art that appears to be cut in pieces in a couple of places in your picture?

munsterlvr1313

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 27, 2021, 08:28:29 PM
Thanks!  :)   Found a photo. Kind of like a box of X-Mas cards ?

Yes that's exactly how I got it

munsterlvr1313

Quote from: fearliath on April 27, 2021, 08:43:55 PM
I'm for sure getting these Munsters. What is the Lily card art that appears to be cut in pieces in a couple of places in your picture?
It's the reaction figure Lily.

fearliath

Quote from: munsterlvr1313 on April 27, 2021, 08:53:23 PM
It's the reaction figure Lily.

Ohhh, those are three separate pictures. I see now. I'm on my phone and it looked like a whole pile of loot all together with 3 separate Lily card art images all in the same picture...albeit panoramic sized picture... if that makes any sense.

munsterlvr1313

Quote from: fearliath on April 27, 2021, 08:58:35 PM
Ohhh, those are three separate pictures. I see now. I'm on my phone and it looked like a whole pile of loot all together with 3 separate Lily card art images all in the same picture...albeit panoramic sized picture... if that makes any sense.
Yes , the App makes it look like that.

munsterlvr1313

Got the colored creature today to match the BW version. Anyone know if Super7 has plans to do any other monsters like this ?

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: munsterlvr1313 on April 28, 2021, 10:19:14 PM
Got the colored creature today to match the BW version. Anyone know if Super7 has plans to do any other monsters like this?

More "tributes" in the style of the Penn-Plax Creature? Not to my knowledge. The weren't aware that there exists a black version of the Penn-Plax Creature, but the demand was so high they wanted to allow fans to get a version of it after the color version sold so well.

More "tributes" to monster toys of the past? The odds are very, very good.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Mike Scott

Yes, Penn-Plax only released a Creature aquarium toy, so S7 is only releasing their Creature in this iconic box rep.

I'm trying to think of replica packing for any of the other monsters, but am coming up dry. It would have to be a window box, or similar.
CREATURE FAN

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 29, 2021, 02:17:25 AM
I'm trying to think of replica packing for any of the other monsters, but am coming up dry. It would have to be a window box, or similar.

Not necessarily. We've already seen non-UM characters in Remco tribute packaging...

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

fearliath

More than anything I'd like to see them release at least the UM figures they've already shown at Toy Fair 2019 but following that it would be pretty cool to have GITD UM figures in that Remco style packaging.