DVD Trading Post

Started by Mike Scott, January 29, 2009, 07:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monsterphile

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 24, 2015, 09:38:55 AM
Just wanted to say, very generous of you, Rob.  :)

I've been the recipient of generosity in the past, so when I can pay it forward, I try to do so.  I recall that you have also been a generous person yourself, Mike. 

Mike Scott

Quote from: monsterphile on March 24, 2015, 10:15:03 AM
I recall that you have also been a generous person yourself, Mike.

Sometimes I leave the quarter in the "rent a shopping cart" at the Ruler Foods mart.  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

ChristineBCW

It's been half-a-year since this thread's last reply, and I wanted to hop into the forum because of this thread, and another one I'd discovered during my annual googling for IT CONQUERED THE WORLD and other socked-away monster classics. 

My trading collection is a bit too large for paragraps of listing.  I usually send out an Excel spreadsheet (an old generic format) so its various columns can be 'sorted' on-screen by year, director, actors and actresses, a few keywords, etc. 

Every year, I learn something new.  In that 2009-thru-2013 thread, I learned about Susan Hart withholding North American DVD rights for IT CONQ, TEEN FRANK & WEREWOLF, SAUCER MEN, etc - most of the films that are missing from our collection.  I'm glad I've discovered a good answer - identifying these types is Step 1, I know. 

If there's an interest, PM me and I'd suggest proceeding thru emails for those trade transactions, rather than burdening this forum.   But certainly the forum's usefulness is discovering everything else, and more.

Mike Scott

Quote from: ChristineBCW on October 09, 2015, 07:06:49 PM
In that 2009-thru-2013 thread, I learned about Susan Hart withholding North American DVD rights for IT CONQ, TEEN FRANK & WEREWOLF, SAUCER MEN, etc -

I made my own DVDs of the Suzy titles, if you're interested in copies. Got card art, too.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

ChristineBCW

It's been a few months since this thread's last reply and I wanted to bump this. 

I'm always interested in finding a copy of Veronica Lake's FLESH FEAST, by the way.  That's the Completionist Compulsion speaking, though.  I know, I know - "Don't feed the animals" or other crazies.

Ugly_Thing

I've got a few spare Godzilla films (Classic Media), 80s franchise horror, and 70s schlockers like 'Day of the Animals' for those interested.

monsterphile

Quote from: Ugly_Thing on February 24, 2017, 09:50:00 AM
I've got a few spare Godzilla films (Classic Media), 80s franchise horror, and 70s schlockers like 'Day of the Animals' for those interested.

I don't know if they were released by Classic Media, but I need SON OF GODZILLA and the 1974 GODZILLA VS. MECHAFODZILLA.

Rob

Ugly_Thing

Dunno about 'MechaFodzilla', man....is that like a bootleg of a bootleg, or?
;)

But seriously, I can't help with SoG, and I've only got spares of Terror (of MechaG.)

As a kid I'd keep 'em seperate in my head by remembering that one has King Shisa and the green space apes, and the other one Titanosaurus and Katsura, heh.

monsterphile

Quote from: Ugly_Thing on March 01, 2017, 12:26:15 PM
Dunno about 'MechaFodzilla', man....is that like a bootleg of a bootleg, or?
;)

But seriously, I can't help with SoG, and I've only got spares of Terror (of MechaG.)

As a kid I'd keep 'em seperate in my head by remembering that one has King Shisa and the green space apes, and the other one Titanosaurus and Katsura, heh.

I used to have SON OF GODZILLA, but gave it away to a former UMA member (he has since passed away) because it was so terrible.  Now, the completist in me wants to fill in that gap.  I do have the GZ vs. MechaGZ on VHS.  I'll keep on waiting.  I've learned to be patient.

Rob

Ugly_Thing

A few DVDs:
(Still going through crates....haven't really reached the monster/horror/sci fi yet. Most of these are contributions from my wife.)

Just let me know what you need.  One shipping run per week, all boxes tracked & insured. 

Ugly_Thing